Regarding Haitian Clients.....on the Marketplace.

ggbh

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
This is out of the shot question, but I feel that it has happened to us too many times concerning our clients who are originally from Haiti. We don't have this problem with any other clients from PR, Dominican Rep, etc.

When we go through the Marketplace, I have a tough time getting people who were originally born in Haiti 'verified' with their social security numbers, card numbers and even their alien numbers.

Either 1 in their family or more, this happens to. IE: 3 members are verified and then 1 isn't.

They bring in their proof of citizenship and their social security cards, and I can tell the paperwork is the real deal (for my husband was an immigrant), but when it comes to verifying...the system can't.

I understand that their names are a little bit different to English or French, and they may have up to 4 names, some even with hyphens.

So, I call the marketplace with them next to me, and the marketplace tells us to go back to immigration.

Then after my response, they tell us to go back to social security. Well, I'm looking at their social security cards. All is fine.

Then I ask for a supervisor, and the supervisor says our client will be sent to a 'team' of people to correct this. Now, all we can do it wait. No time, no nothing.

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else in Florida, but thought I'd pop this question to see if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

Thanks.

Yes it has happen to me quite a few times. I just don't put the alien number when asked. The system has problems...

Back