Relative Newcomer Looking for Some Advice

SanDiegoIns

So I have been in health insurance for less than a year. I've done well in previous phone sales occupations but the way everything was set up with my short-lived health insurance job, it wasn't really feasible to get past the base salary and make any real money. So now I'm on my own, I know the basics of selling health insurance over the phone, and I am licensed in about 30 states.

I'd like for those licenses to have some value since they're basically all I got out of that gig, and I'm interested in learning more about becoming an individual agent. However I'm concerned how health care reform will affect the viability of starting out independently. It seems like a lot of people have been saying 'get out' of individual health insurance for years, while some others do see opportunities with the changing playing field.

So I'm just looking for some practical advice on the most sensible course of action for a good phone salesman already licensed in approximately 30 states. Should I look more into life insurance which I know relatively little about so far?

Thanks in advance for any replies I may receive, and thanks for the fantastic resource this forum and its members offer.

There may be an opportunity with Obamacrap in CA. At least according to current rules.

In in Encinoi but will be in San Diego for a LPGA golf tourney (volunteer, not playing) in a few weeks. Send me an email with your name and phone and we can set something up to discuss your options.

And just for the record, I'm not a recruiter.

Rick

Hi. I'm having luck selling over phone and have an AWESOME staff in PA, CA, and WA that I write through, depending on the product. Love to share with those interested. 805-744-2973. I'm picking up non-resident licenses in other states and now 9 carriers to offer for health. I'm in ca so will be certified for the exchange too. FINALLY should make good money fast. :). Been mostly doing life and it has been great! I even had a 5% ROI from a bad lead source. Leads are like a box of chocolates, never know what you'll find.

Btw, I have a Supplement for under 65. Offering it to folks to increase their deductibles, lower premiums.

Back