Relief.

ins.dave

Guru
1000 Post Club
Well, I must say that I feel a bit better after that presidential news conference today.
Also read a good article in the 06.29.09 Time magazine issue.
What they are going to try and do I’m gathering, is to cut back on waste and cost by clamping down on the AMA. Think about it? Everybody is human. Even the great Obama hood himself has a tobacco b*tch.
Doctor’s are not paid hourly. They are paid by billing ins. companies for procedures. Why have a patient come in for 1 – 2 visits if you can get them (and then bill the ins. company involved) for 3, etc. They run more tests than are necessary, etc. They often duplicate tests within weeks of each other with no apparent reason, etc. Same with drug and device companies, they will have to prove that their new products are better than existing products with real data. Instead of now where r/x companies pay out more for marketing then they do for R and D. The public becomes brainwashed into believing that they need “Crestor” when a less expensive drug will work just as well just because they are told this every evening by that magic box that sits in their living room. “Ask your doctor about it.”
Obama hood has stated that a possible govt. plan will NOT be funded by taxpayer dollars. It would be funded by premiums collected. Yes, it would be non profit, but so what, it will have to cover the gimps. Yeah for gimps! They will be the savior of private health plans. This is why a govt. plan could in no way compete (for healthy people) with private plans. Ultimately, any govt. plan will only exist to help said gimps; as it probably should do anyway. The “group of one” plans available only in Aug. of each year will be available all year round. I hope those poor b*stards get some relief on those premiums.
Yep. Doctors are going to have to go salary / hourly. This will remove their temptation to over treat and in turn over bill (which of course jacks up operating costs and therefore premiums for) ins. companies. This process should not be confused with the cost containment measures that an HMO uses when they deny payment for say a C.A.T scan that they determine wasn’t necessary. With this new deal, the doc. can order whatever procedures that he / she believes are in the best interests of their patient(s), they just won’t be getting paid extra for doing so.

Last edited:
Back