Renewals Without Active License?

lks288

I stopped selling insurance this year and my licenses are expiring at the end of this month. Does anybody know if I will still get my renewal commissions paid in January if I no longer have a valid license? I only sold MAPD plans. I keep getting different answers from different places! Thanks!

You have to be licensed and certified. So, NO $$$ for you. Even if I exited the market due to retirement or health I'd sure try to stay licensed and certified.

Yep, most likely an accounting record keeping error, and subject to charge back and bad debt write offs if not paid back. It would clearly be the exception and not the rule if compensated when not licensed. After all, the certification even says that one must be licensed and certified to receive comp.

Yep, most likely an accounting record keeping error, and subject to charge back and bad debt write offs if not paid back. It would clearly be the exception and not the rule if compensated when not licensed. After all, the certification even says that one must be licensed and certified to receive comp.

I sold a lady a PacifiCare PDP in 2006. I haven't been certified with UHC for 7 or 8 years, but every month without fail I get my $1.67 renewal from UHC. I don't know how much longer I'll be getting it though...she's 103 years old.:twitchy:

Back