Renewed all my Licenses a few weeks ago . . . Yay!

LOL - please show me where an Independent Insurance Agent can't enroll peeps into voluntary insurance plans [in a company where they are also the owner]?

Not doing 401k's, etc - just life, health, ancillary, etc . . .

Ask in the employee benefits sub-forum. I only know that you can have issues - particularly with GROUP insurance plans, such as health insurance.

I may be thinking of a non-profit organization (or even a city council?) looking to buy group health insurance. So they put out a request for proposals and they end up going with someone serving on the board... showing the potential for a conflict of interest.

Just better to check in advance than risk it.

Ask in the employee benefits sub-forum. I only know that you can have issues - particularly with GROUP insurance plans, such as health insurance.

I may be thinking of a non-profit organization (or even a city council?) looking to buy group health insurance. So they put out a request for proposals and they end up going with someone serving on the board... showing the potential for a conflict of interest.

Since I own the company doubt there is any conflict. I'm not aware of any regulation / rule that prohibits it. But thanks for your advice - always appreciate your input. Have a nice New Years Eve.

Security system businesses run mostly 1099 sales reps - people just out of college, or in college, or people who just lost work, who don't (often) even know what 1099 is - but, they sign on anyway.

No one wakes up and thinks, "I'm going to go door-to-door today - and possibly earn $0 - in order to try to put food on my table." But this is the target "sales rep."

Most of them have no clue how their "job" is different than their last lower-income job. Think of a new green recruit at Lincoln Heritage - and you'll have a good idea of a security system "sales gig."

In other words - it's not like he will be providing benefits, and there won't be an HR Department.

This is his way of prospecting - "hiring" people and selling them the dream, with a side of ancillary products.

Nice, eh? :err:

Reactions: DHK
Security system businesses run mostly 1099 sales reps - people just out of college, or in college, or people who just lost work, who don't (often) even know what 1099 is - but, they sign on anyway.

No one wakes up and thinks, "I'm going to go door-to-door today - and possibly earn $0 - in order to try to put food on my table." But this is the target "sales rep."

Most of them have no clue how their "job" is different than their last lower-income job. Think of a new green recruit at Lincoln Heritage - and you'll have a good idea of a security system "sales gig."

In other words - it's not like he will be providing benefits, and there won't be an HR Department.

This is his way of prospecting - "hiring" people and selling them the dream, with a side of ancillary products.

Nice, eh? :err:

Again - you are wrong.

A few companies pay via 1099 - many have W2 employees. When I sold systems years ago - I was W2 . . .

The groups out of Utah run college kids in the summer D2D programs. What a great way for a young person to travel the United States and get paid for it!

We recruit those that want to make some money. They can work Full Time or Part Time. They can be a Lead Generator or a Sales Rep. They can do one deal a month, a week or a day . . .

Our Sales Reps don't work D2D - they use our Leads and create their own. They can go D2D if they want - but, we have a process that does that for them and creates Leads. In addition we create leads via Direct Mail, Social Media and soon TV.

Our goal is to have all Sales Reps on W2 by Q3, just as the Installers will be.

All team members will have access to our Life Style Benefits after 90 days.

With the Partnerships we have arranged - 2019 will be awesome.

Why is this even in an insurance thread? Shouldn't this be on security forums.net?

Not like you have to click on the thread Stein.

But - thanks for being a Fan and thanks for helping create impression revenue for Sam.

Again - you are wrong.

A few companies pay via 1099 - many have W2 employees. When I sold systems years ago - I was W2 . . .

The groups out of Utah run college kids in the summer D2D programs. What a great way for a young person to travel the United States and get paid for it!

We recruit those that want to make some money. They can work Full Time or Part Time. They can be a Lead Generator or a Sales Rep. They can do one deal a month, a week or a day . . .

Our Sales Reps don't work D2D - they use our Leads and create their own. They can go D2D if they want - but, we have a process that does that for them and creates Leads. In addition we create leads via Direct Mail, Social Media and soon TV.

Our goal is to have all Sales Reps on W2 by Q3, just as the Installers will be.

All team members will have access to our Life Style Benefits after 90 days.

With the Partnerships we have arranged - 2019 will be awesome.

Why in the world would you put the sales reps on W2? Don't you want them to sell more than the basic package? What about paying the installers for add on? Aren't you going to do that?

Back