Rental Insurance Theft Claim.

Lostsoul

Tuesday Feb 7, 2017
Apt broken into called the police multiple times no one showed up. Made report at station

Thursday Feb 9, 2017
Was informed that someone would be coming to Vegas to do a recorded statement and get information about the break in. That this person is just supposed to be coming by to pick up paperwork.

Thurs Feb 16, 2017

Mitzi wanted to get statements from the manager as well. Mitzi, came to my apt and said some pretty vulgar and demeaning things such as "I didn't think that you people could afford things like this" and "I never expected your kind to be prepared like this" ( because I had all of the documentation ready). She also asked questions such as why would you take pictures of your items, how did you come to be able to afford these items, as well as why did you call the cops? Did you call the cops? I figured you people didn't involve yourselves with law enforcement? Some of these things were stated while she was not recording.

she did not want to see any of my documentation or receipts but instead kept implying that she didn't see any boxes or items that were claimed such as T.Vs and game consoles. Even though the boxes were literally right in her view.

Feb 24, 2017
I called Nathan for a status update no answer as usual

He also stated that Mitzi had told him earlier in the week that she needed some other documentation to be able to continue the investigation 4 items to be exact they were, 1. a photo from my call log showing that I called the police (911). Another signed and dated Financial Authorization Form which I had completed and turned into her in person on the day that she came and took my recorded statement. Nathan said that he would also be sending a list of what I needed to send in by mail and email as well. I never received either.

Thur Mar 2, 2017
I received in the mail a letter from the LVMPD on the 1st of March stating that they had caught and arrested a suspect that had some of my stolen items on his person. I sent it over to the adjuster

Fri Mar 3, 2017
Nathan called me back before he went home for the weekend late 8:30 my time so it was 11:30 his time stating that he had been out of the office on Thursday the day before and that he hasn't heard from Mitzi at all that week..

I asked if he needed anything else to finish the processing of my claim and he said no. I then asked about the email and mail that he was supposed to send with the document for me to resign and date as well and I was advised that the document wasn't required, as they can finish the claim without it.

Tues Mar 7, 2017
I called Nathan no answer as usual

Thurs Mar 9, 2017
I emailed Nathan.

Fri Mar 10, 2017
Nathan sent an email back stating that he was waiting on Mitzi to complete her end of the review.

Thurs Mar 16, 2017
Since I was receiving really no correspondence and no information was listed on the claims website at all. I couldn't really catch up with Nathan, I called claims customer service to ask if they had any update regarding my claim. I spoke with their claims manager I was informed that he would contact Mitzi and Nathan and that he would have Nathan or himself call me back within 24 hours with an answer as to what's going on with my claim.

Fri Mar 17, 2017
Nathan called my phone, the phone rang only once, literally one ring! Nathan then emailed me right after that stating that he called and didn't get an answer so now he's emailing me to say that they need the Financial Authorization Form because the date needed to be corrected so that he could send it over to Mitzi.

What can I do? Is this typical? I've never filed an insurance claim in my life, except this one of course. So I do not know what to do.

Also, after some research per Nevada law, I have not received any 30day extension notice

Also I did fill out the form once again and emailed it to him yesterday night. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Last edited:
Back