Renters Insurance Carriers in Fl

BocaLouis

Hi everybody,

I'm a new agent, every few weeks someone approach me with the need for renters insurance (as I'm renting and need renters Insurance, not as I own the home and I will rent it out and need a dp3) so I need carrier in Florida that actually do renters, Citizens its such a pain that I don't even want to venture with them unless last choice, any suggestions?

I know some homeowners carriers will do renters too,but none the ones I have now do it on Palm beach County

Last edited:
My agency generally will place HO-4's with Universal Property & Casualty (UPCIC) or Security First.

We also have Federated National, Homeowner's Choice, and United Property & Casualty. United is usually closed everywhere, Fed Nat can sometimes have decent rates, and Homeowner's doesn't have a rater, we have to submit the info for them to quote. Too annoying.

E-renters, does anyone know how they get contracts with big properties so there's a no compete clause? They have a lot of properties in Texas on lockdown like this.

Hi everybody,

I'm a new agent, every few weeks someone approach me with the need for renters insurance (as I'm renting and need renters Insurance, not as I own the home and I will rent it out and need a dp3) so I need carrier in Florida that actually do renters, Citizens its such a pain that I don't even want to venture with them unless last choice, any suggestions?

I know some homeowners carriers will do renters too,but none the ones I have now do it on Palm beach County

We use Universal P&C for HO-4 policies. What carriers do you have and how did you get your appointments. I would assume you are in Boca Raton by your screen name, I live out there so I would like to see how you are doing? I ran a captive out there for 5 years and went independent about 2 years ago. Good luck.

I'm doing ok, considering I only have 2 home owner carriers, it helps me a lot that I have People's, I'm kind of hesitant about asking for appointment until I get the one year of being open? What do you think?

I'm doing ok, considering I only have 2 home owner carriers, it helps me a lot that I have People's, I'm kind of hesitant about asking for appointment until I get the one year of being open? What do you think?

People's Trust is competitive so that is a good start. The more appointments you have the easier it is to write business. It is tough with limited carriers I was in the same position you are in now a few years ago. Email me at [email protected] if you have any additional questions. Good luck.

I don't place much home business with Universal other than HO4. They were closed in some of the major counties we do business in until recently and their RCE and rates are higher anyway.

They are the largest non-Citizens insurer in the state of Florida and they probably think they have more risk than need and will only sell insurance to the suckers that are willing to pay a higher rate with them. Their HO4 is competitive though.

Plus they were involved in shady post-claim underwriting that they were fined for.

I like Security First a lot. Competitive with newer HO3 and HO6, easy quoting/application. They have become more restrictive recently on older homes.

Back