Renters Insurance

Hi all

Looking for recommendations of carriers to contract with for Renters, Homeowners insurance. Just got a call from a perspective client who has a apartment building(500 apts) and wants me to offer renters insurance. I have contracted with foremost, and bristol west. Any more carriers that would be ideal. I am hoping there are some with a household name(good commissions too...:). Any names to throw out? I also tried Progressive but since I have not expanded out to an agency yet I was denied. Also I really appreciate everyone's help on this board, thank you for bearing with me while I am establishing my self as a Independent agent offering services. I have gotten the best infomation here vs any webinar, seminar, or class. My sister is a Pastry Chef, I need to send everyone some holiday cookies or something sweet. I send my gratutude and thanks again as I patiently wait for responses...(LOL more like eagerly):idea:

Goto netquote.com and request a quote w/bogus information and an email that you don't care gets spammed.

When all the quotes come in, get contracted w/the companies w/the best quotes.

All good advice.... when we were getting started 20+yrs ago the small regional carriers(small mutuals) were the most eager to license and offered pretty competitive homeowners/renters lines.

To SAIEDDIE:

I tried travelers but they want a 3 yr business plan, etc. I explained to her i just obtain my p and C lic. So I am a first timer in the pnc world. She stated that bc I was new I could not contract with them, and bc i dont have a agency license that knock me out as well.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ok maybe I am doing something wrong....I think I have been asking the right questions but at the wrong time...This is the issue, I have been a L and H agent for 2 yrs, I recently obtained my P n C license in October. I have clients already for Homeowner ins, Renters ins, waiting on me to offer a policy , BUT it is hard to find companies to contract with bc of no prior experience in prem. for PnC. Now maybe someone could give me info on what I am doing wrong. Bc I love being independent, and not really having to go thru a agency, is that why I can't obtain contracts? Do I need, and can I apply for a agency License when its just me? Can someone give me the steps or PM me even? Being a newbi here maybe I can get the correct info.

Last edited:
I can't post the URL but it is S A I S dot COM
Superior Access
They will allow you to write through them. Kind of a pain, and they charge a monthly fee, but it would get your feet in the door...

Yep, simply place it through someone like sais.com or insurancenoodle.com, and call it a day till you have a book of business.

The upside is you'll have availability of several carriers virtually immediately. Commission rates are comparable as if you went direct. There is a fee to pay, but not outrageous.

There are a couple of downsides with this approach. You will have to have E&O to contract even with sais or insurance noodle. Plan some $$$$ for this. You won't have binding authority, plan on a delay of 24 to 48 hours (1 or 2 business days). This limits some of the markets you can pursue.

You'll find a renters policy by itself will probably cost you money to write it, if you price your time at all. They are usually a decent way to approach people about auto and perhaps life, use it as a door opener, not the moneymaker in your business plan.

Dan

You can also check with Agent Secure. They are reall ygreat to deal with and not a pain. Another really good one is TWFG. I can not post the url but you can email me and I will provide you the information. They have a ton of carriers. email me at c f o r m a n @ a r c a i n s u r a n c e . n e t

Latest posts

Back