Replacement Forms - how Did I Miss This?

AllGold

Guru
100+ Post Club
I guess I'm not as smart as I think. I was absolutely sure that replacement forms for med supps were only for replacing supps, not Medicare Advantage. Uh, wrong.

I know I have replaced MAPDs with supplements before but this is the first time I've ever had UW catch it and insist on a replacement form.

So while I'm getting ready to argue with UW because I'm still "sure" the form isn't needed, or at least was a company-specific requirement, I start looking at the forms for different companies. One after the other, they all have Medicare Advantage on the forms.

Holy crap, how could I have missed this?

I guess I'm not as smart as I think. I was absolutely sure that replacement forms for med supps were only for replacing supps, not Medicare Advantage. Uh, wrong.

I know I have replaced MAPDs with supplements before but this is the first time I've ever had UW catch it and insist on a replacement form.

So while I'm getting ready to argue with UW because I'm still "sure" the form isn't needed, or at least was a company-specific requirement, I start looking at the forms for different companies. One after the other, they all have Medicare Advantage on the forms.

You got lucky. Every company I write for has it on their replacement form.

I look at replacement forms as CYA for me. Even if not required I would do it.

Resign! It clearly says for replacing Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage. If that "obvious" detail slips your attention, maybe taking on a fiduciary responsibility is not in your or their best interest.

----------

You got lucky. Every company I write for has it on their replacement form.

His clients got lucky that he didn't harm them.

----------

I look at replacement forms as CYA for me. Even if not required I would do it.

Same here, I sling a rep. form even when not required, habit of sorts.

Back