Replacing Assurant with Assurant

I know that this may be a dumb question, but I have several clients who have either an old out dated assurant policy, or they have a rightstart or something, can I replace their coverage with a new assurant plan? If so, is their anything special I need to do when submitting their app? Sorry if this is elementary but I just really would like to know. Thank you

Yes, you can, but you will not make a full commission. It's like 5%-10% or something... I had this situation come up about a year ago. Unless something has changed, the only person who would potentially benefit from this is the client (assuming you are moving them to a better plan).

Put them with Golden Rule. In most cases golden rule will kill that rate.

With the right start plans, explain to them that a health policy with a low cap on outpatient is a pile of junk. Almost all surgeries are done on an outpatient basis.

In fact, most medical treatment is done on an outpatient basis.

Assurant right start is a horrible plan.

Put them with Golden Rule. In most cases golden rule will kill that rate.

With the right start plans, explain to them that a health policy with a low cap on outpatient is a pile of junk. Almost all surgeries are done on an outpatient basis.

In fact, most medical treatment is done on an outpatient basis.

Assurant right start is a horrible plan.

How can you give this advice? I don't think the poster even told us what state he is? Assurant's rates are VERY state-specific... Blanket statements don't help anyone... In TX, GR can actually be higher than Assurant in some zip codes. Just an FYI, no offense.

Depending on the state there might be a 12 month wait on pre ex and of course underwriting. Even if they make it through underwriting individual to individual might require a 12 month pre ex wait.

In Texas individual is FINALLY considered creditable. Hopefully one day this will be the case nationwide.

Yeah, Josh is actually right. I'm in Oklahoma. Here in OK assurant rates are actually quite a bit cheaper than GR. Thanks for the advise guys I appreciate it.

If your looking at changing them to HDHP's then humana may be a good option looks like their plans pretty affordable and sturdy in OK

Back