Replacing Pre Modernized AARP Supp. with a AARP Plan N in Florida

yogooglethis

Guru
1000 Post Club
I can't get a straight answer out UHC phd or AARP underwriting about this.The Florida UHC producer hand book on page 17 clearly states that if replacing AARP written before 6/1/10 policy holder's application will be underwritten but policyholder will carry the original entry age if policy was previously entry age rated . My question is will the previous entry rate be carried if replacing a plan E with N even though Plan N wasn't a standardized plan?

I recently wrote AARP med supps on a couple who had inadvertently cancelled their AARP supps when they called UHC to cancel their 2012 AEP MA application but their existing med supp policies where beyond the reinstatement period by the time I met with them.It was , however,still considered a replacement.The 83 yr old wife went from a plan E to F and was given rate based on being 70-74.The 88 yr old male had a very old pre standardization supp and his plan F rate was based on 80+ age band.I presume this was because his old AARP supp was a pre standardization plan.

I know there is no commission for writing cases like this but there are other reasons why this can be a win win situation .Has anybody replaced plan A,B, E etc written in FL. before 6/1/10 with plan N and know for sure if they carry same entry rate?

Re: Replacing Pre Modernized AARP Supp. with a AARP Plan N in Flo

didn't realize they based it off of previous entry age... i've written a few F to F transitions to take advantage of the age banding discount change.

figured I wouldn't get commissions on them, but at least it resulted in sales of other products

Re: Replacing Pre Modernized AARP Supp. with a AARP Plan N in Flo

The wife would get the same entry age rating for Plan N as they did for their Plan F.

Back