Replacing Supps

smokin goose

Guru
1000 Post Club
Kentucky
Is it true that a supp can be reinstated the first 30 days after they cancel? Or would it be safer to just stop the draft like on FE?

Is it true that a supp can be reinstated the first 30 days after they cancel? Or would it be safer to just stop the draft like on FE?

Id stop the draft until my new medsupp is approved for sure. But after I know mine is approved, I do call (w the client) and cancel the old one.

Dont want to take a chance of both carriers paying claims and the client being double billed

Id stop the draft until my new medsupp is approved for sure. But after I know mine is approved, I do call (w the client) and cancel the old one.

Dont want to take a chance of both carriers paying claims and the client being double billed

A couple of years ago, I was replacing a MOFO Plan N with an AFLAC Plan F(they were the only company he could qualify for). AFLAC called me to let me know the guy had been approved. I asked them if I could go ahead and tell him he'd been approved and they said yes...so I did. 3 days later I get an e-mail telling me they needed more info from his doctor. I went round and round with them, telling them they'd already approved it. Didn't do any good. To make a long story short, they declined him. He was pissed and so was I. I would never do business with that company again! Hell, they only lasted about a year.

Anyway, that just reinforced to me why I won't cancel.

The reason I ask is I had a client that I replaced. We called the company together and she told them to stop draft and put her on quarterly direct bill.

Instead, they drafted her account quarterly. She called me frantic about it. We called back and she, of course, got the full refund because the first call was recorded.

I definitely want to avoid that happening in the future though.

Latest posts

Back