Reporting Life Changes on FFM Marketplace Applicant

txagt39

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Texas
Does anyone have advice on how to process applicant changes such as address, email, or income when they are on a marketplace policy when the initial enrollment was done using a web broker? We have not been able to get access to an active client's marketplace application to make changes since all we have is the marketplace ID, no user name and password because neither were setup when using the web broker process. We can't afford the overhead associated with having to pay for a new application everytime we have to process a change on an existing client and if they call healthcare.gov to make the change our agent information will get lost (all by accident of course). We have been told that web brokers are not allowed to give access to the application and that no web brokers have been given that access. My question is why because it doesn't make sense that CMS would grant permission to write the policy but no access to make changes after issued. Changes will occur throughout the year for income recalibration, address changes, etc.

Who is this "they" that is telling you all of these things?

eta: And which WBE are you using?

Last edited:
Who is this "they" that is telling you all of these things? eta: And which WBE are you using?

I go in with Sherpa and every time I try so do a life change it just takes me back to Sherpas main page. Any advice on how to go back in there and change anything or even switch plans without having to call MP..thank for any help.

I was able to go in through Sherpa and change an address yesterday and submit documents. Used my access button, made the changes, got a new eligibility letter with the new address on it. No plan or subsidy/household composition change, though, for that I would pick the new plan in advance and use a (free) carrier option with that where there is a double redirect and if no carrier direct exists would then call MP. That is the biggest weakness of HS IMO. There needs to be a way to change plans/subsidy using the original application number, I don't know of one currently.

Anyone else know if that is possible?

Checked today and she is still enrolled in the original plan at the correct subsidy.

Who is this "they" that is telling you all of these things?

eta: And which WBE are you using?

I am trying to get the answers and feedback from a variety of agents who may be using different web brokers. If it is an issue coming from limitations imposed by CMS I am trying not to throw any web broker under the bridge if it is indeed something beyond their control. THEY (being the web broker we're using) is telling me CMS has not granted that level of access to any web broker and I'm just trying to validate that or learn otherwise.

Making special off OE enrollment and reporting changes to clients that are getting a subsidy will be an ongoing issue so the best way to be able to do that without having the member call Healthcare.gov is what I'm trying to determine. I would prefer our clients not calling them because eventually they will drop off our agent information and when that happens we no longer get paid.

It is a universal issue to anyone who uses a web broker to process on-marketplace applications so I figured if there was a solution I'd hear it from someone here.

Ok, Fair enough.

How does your WBE process applications?

Have you ever logged on to healthcare.gov using your broker id then looked up a person's application?

Based on everything I have read on this forum, there are WBEs with the ability to go in, make changes, and reenroll on the same application number without being charged Welltheos being one of them as Yagents said.

I go in with Sherpa and every time I try so do a life change it just takes me back to Sherpas main page. Any advice on how to go back in there and change anything or even switch plans without having to call MP..thank for any help.

Make the changes through any back door access, sign up for a free Welltheos account, and process the new enrollment through Welltheos, it works perfectly and there is no cost for the enrollment.

Make the changes through any back door access, sign up for a free Welltheos account, and process the new enrollment through Welltheos, it works perfectly and there is no cost for the enrollment.

Thanks for the tip I am definitely going to give it a try. I will report back with success or lack thereof. Before I do - are you certain they are not an FMO that once you sign up any business you write through them they become the Agent of Record on? I've heard there are several FMO's out there offering free enrollment software but that's the catch - the new business belongs to them not to the agent who processed the application...... NOT something I'd be interested in.
:yes:

Back