Research Project: What's Your #1 Frustration in Your Office?

Hi, my name is Nick.

I've been in the insurance biz for 7 years. Started in a service call center with a giant insurance company, then moved into inbound call center sales, now have been captive outside sales for the past year. (All with same co.) We just do P&C with a little life.

I've perused this site for years actually, reading all the great material. So I'm glad I finally made the plunge in!

I'm doing a research project and trying to get a feel for what other agents out in the field (both captive and independent) biggest frustrations in their office on a day-to-day basis is?

My hopes with my project is to come up with new ways to make agent's lives easier, faster, more fun, and profitable.

This is not spam, I'm not selling anything either. Sorry, I know it looks bad as my first post on this site. I'm just a regular guy (still pretty new to being an outside agent) working on a real project.

So here it is, your chance to vent (for positive purposes, I hate negativity)... so go hog wild. :-)

I'll throw a list of questions down, feel free to answer 1, 2, or however many you'd like...

1.) What's your #1 frustration in your office on a day-to-day basis?

2.) If you could wave a magic wand and do anything related to your answer to #1, what would it be?

3.) What manual tasks in your daily routine would you like to automate?

4.) What piece of software that you use makes you want to punch your computer?

5.) In the last day or week, what tasks or activities have taken up most of your time that are tedious and unproductive?

6.) Do you have any ideas on what would make your job or industry easier? Things that weigh you down a little you wish would change or go away?

7.) What do you dread doing the most during your typical work day?

Last edited:
Preparing quotes, and emailing them. I was looking into designing a macros or bot that fills out a template for health and life quotes and emails them for me...

Two companies out there that do automated quotes.. I know they work for P&C, not sure about L&H.

1- Robo Agent
2- Quote Burst

Good luck!

Thanks for the responses. I suppose I could jump as well...

My biggest frustrations are also with sick of prospecting, and would like people to seek me out, instead of the opposite.

but also, I hate our trailing documents process after binding a new policy. We have a mountain of paperwork to get signed, then uploaded into our 'document vault' online. We've talked about an 'e-signature' but haven't seen anything yet.

Anyone using something right now for trailing documents that they love?

My answer to just about all the questions is My Wife.:GEEK:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Preparing quotes, and emailing them. I was looking into designing a macros or bot that fills out a template for health and life quotes and emails them for me...

Same here. Seems I always have a desk full of quotes to do. I like calling and talking so that is easy. I hate the quoting part.

Last edited:
Wino: Got a quote from a bot maker, using zennoposter, and it came out to be $500 or something like that. Just have to get a template for emails for each type of insurance. Thats my next step is designing email templates, I have one for health, but I need to dress it up, talks about the differences between copays and hsa's. Life needs a lot of work.

But that would be nice, just have an excel file that I click a button and the bot fills out the templates, sends them, even follows up with other emails like a drip marketing feature...

Back