Researching Family's Employer's Coverage

tensinure

Filling out paperwork asking hypothetical questions about dad's employer's coverage, but my dad is clueless. First off it wants the Employer Identification Number or EIN and a contact to ask about the coverage. I don't see how I would know the EIN, being a secret number sort of like your SSN. Next the form is implying that the employer offers various plans. Meanwhile our plan is the only I have information for (where are the others?) and that information is insufficient for hypothetical questions about what is "the maximum discount" for some service X. Then it asks if any plan pays at least 60% of benefits, and I'm wondering if it actually means at least 60% for all benefits or if a service with "No Benefits" is actually a benefit at all. This is all so confusing and your help will be appreciated.

Filling out paperwork asking hypothetical questions about dad's employer's coverage, but my dad is clueless. First off it wants the Employer Identification Number or EIN and a contact to ask about the coverage. I don't see how I would know the EIN, being a secret number sort of like your SSN. Next the form is implying that the employer offers various plans. Meanwhile our plan is the only I have information for (where are the others?) and that information is insufficient for hypothetical questions about what is "the maximum discount" for some service X. Then it asks if any plan pays at least 60% of benefits, and I'm wondering if it actually means at least 60% for all benefits or if a service with "No Benefits" is actually a benefit at all. This is all so confusing and your help will be appreciated.

Have you thought about calling the employer and asking them these questions? I'd go straight to the source.:yes:

EINs aren't guarded near as well as SSNs as they are simply used to pay taxes. Call the employer and ask. You can find the EIN for many organizations online.

Back