Retired Bell South Employee - MAPD

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
A retired Bell South employee uses retiree.aon.com for their Humana MAPD now funded by a MSA provided by Bell South. Can they buy a Aetna MAPD plan from me or do they have to buy from the above?

Disregard. After a 49 minute hold they finally answered the phone . . .

Last edited:
A retired Bell South employee uses retiree.aon.com for their Humana MAPD now funded by a MSA provided by Bell South. Can they buy a Aetna MAPD plan from me or do they have to buy from the above?

Disregard. After a 49 minute hold they finally answered the phone . . .

They can as long as they buy one thing thru AON. But why an MA/MAPD? They get $2700/yr and it's use it or lose it.

They can as long as they buy one thing thru AON. But why an MA/MAPD? They get $2700/yr and it's use it or lose it.

They only get $1400 a year. The in group Med Sups suck . . . They also spend about 15% of that on Cancer, Dental and Vision . . .

They don't have any of the MOO or Cigna plans for their zip. Just Trans and BCBS for some reason. I'm going to have to call them tomorrow.

If you remove this person(s) from their group coverage you are doing them a disservice.

Pay for the sup out of the allowance and pay separate for the other supplemental benefits.

Taking them out from AON they cannot get that coverage back.

They would still be about $500 over allotment with the sups they have in the group . . .

You're doing the job of an AON rep with no comp. Why?

My Aunt and Uncle want to replace their Humana MAPD with Aetna MAPD. Wasn't sure how it worked since they were in a retiree group.

But - you are correct - it would be not good to take them out of group. Thanks for that advice . . .

But - you are correct - it would be not good to take them out of group. Thanks for that advice . . .

We've had prior disagreements. That wasn't for lack of understanding or knowledge.

Take that into consideration next time.

----------

My Aunt and Uncle want to replace their Humana MAPD with Aetna MAPD. Wasn't sure how it worked since they were in a retiree group.

Ok, so you kinda lost me here. Are they employer sponsored
plans or MAPD?

They only get $1400 a year. The in group Med Sups suck . . . They also spend about 15% of that on Cancer, Dental and Vision . . .

They don't have any of the MOO or Cigna plans for their zip. Just Trans and BCBS for some reason. I'm going to have to call them tomorrow.

The ones I have dealt with get $2700/yr.

And they have to buy something thru AON to get the allowance. Most buy their Part D and buy a sup separate. Some have bought dental as their one thing.

One Exchange with GE is the same way. They get $1000/yr. They have to buy something thru the exchange. Again, most buy their Part D and then a sup elsewhere. The exchange recommends UHC sups. And most follow along and just buy the UHC.

Ok, so you kinda lost me here. Are they employer sponsored
plans or MAPD?

I'm not to familar with Aon - but they seem to be the health exchange that my Aunt and Uncle have their retirement MSA through. They each get $1400 a year to spend on healthcare needs. They both presently have a Humana MAPD through Aon. They want to switch to a Aetna plan.

I market Aetna - so, they asked me if I could do it. It seems that they use the MSA money - they have to purchase whatever they want through Aon.

I have a call in to someone to find out exactly what the deal is.

The ones I have dealt with get $2700/yr.

And they have to buy something thru AON to get the allowance. Most buy their Part D and buy a sup separate. Some have bought dental as their one thing.

One Exchange with GE is the same way. They get $1000/yr. They have to buy something thru the exchange. Again, most buy their Part D and then a sup elsewhere. The exchange recommends UHC sups. And most follow along and just buy the UHC.

I'm going to find out about what they have to buy today. I'll let you know what I find out.

Back