Retiree Group Benefits & Networking Groups

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
A few days ago I attended a business expo at a local college hosted by a Chamber of Commerce in my county. A gentleman there had a booth that offered group voluntary benefits. I introduced myself and asked how his agents approached businesses - by cold calling or dropping in on them? He said they join COCs all over, set up booths at expos and the COCs endorse them.

I'm going to try this for the retiree group market (offer UHC and another group retiree carrier) by joining a COC and another county networking group. One of them looks very active and hosts a monthly senior roundtable forum.

I was wondering if anyone else here does this?

Chambers, especially in small towns, are usually populated mostly by locals, including insurance agents. Many years ago I worked with an agency that had a state exclusive on a Chamber health insurance plan. We went around to Chambers and joined as associate members (or whatever the term was) but we picked insurance agents who were members to sell the plan.

It was a great gig as long as it lasted.

A few days ago I attended a business expo at a local college hosted by a Chamber of Commerce in my county. A gentleman there had a booth that offered group voluntary benefits. I introduced myself and asked how his agents approached businesses - by cold calling or dropping in on them? He said they join COCs all over, set up booths at expos and the COCs endorse them.

I'm going to try this for the retiree group market (offer UHC and another group retiree carrier) by joining a COC and another county networking group. One of them looks very active and hosts a monthly senior roundtable forum.

I was wondering if anyone else here does this?

If you found a COC that is going to give you an opportunity to get in front of seniors every month, DO IT.

You need to find someone who does Med Supps, too, though.

Do something (drawing for a gift card?) that gets their data. Follow up. Get them on a list for AEP.

And yes, I do stuff like this. Not exact, but close. I speak at COC lunch and learns a few times a year, but I don't do booths. Last week, I spoke at financial planners office about health insurance. 2 hours, FP pays for it and does all the work, too. I show up, talk and thank you cards go out next week.

If you haven't done a BNI group, I would commit to that, too. The training on how to network is invaluable.

Good luck!

Back