Return Mail Lead Cards

midwestbroker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Columbia, MO
I have never worked with return mail lead cards, at least not in the senior market.

Now the main agency that I am working with has started to use them. They are using generic Medicare cards (new Medicare changes).

I am debating on how to work them. Should I call them, or should I show up to introduce myself and then set the appointment (for right then and there if poss or later)?

I figure if they have an apartment I would call them since there is usually a buzzer and it is always hard to understand them, and I am sure they would not let just anyone in.

Once I get in the door I am fine, it is just getting in with the least amount of resistance.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.

I would be trying to offer the following:

Special needs plans
Supplements

and cross selling:

Final Expense
GTL (MA tie in)
Fixed Annuities (CD style)

I like to use the Don Runge approach. I even have his CDs saved to my laptop so I can have them playing when I am in my office.

Midwestbroker I'd do a combination of both.

First go to the door believing you have a purpose. Then call the ones that will not answer or have that annoying buzzer security system. If you hang out long enough somebody will let you in. Make sure your state or community doesn't have rules against. Otherwise Frank will have to bail you out!

I have Don Runge's CD's. I like his approach...

If you are at the door tell them that you did not want to bother then with a call, and you wanted to introduce yourself...

If you call tell them that you did not want to just show up at their door...

I forget exactly what he said about when you call but along the lines of "I got the card you mailed back about Medicare changes. When would you like me to come out and answer your questions...tues or wed...

I will have to listen to his CD's again to get it down

P.S.

I would be trying to offer the following:

Special needs plans
Supplements

and cross selling:

Final Expense
GTL (MA tie in)
Fixed Annuities (CD style)

The agents that we work with that are successful with Lead Cards always show up at the door with out setting an appointment. If the prospect isn't home, they will move on to the next lead card. Agents will hold these cards for months until the catch the prospect at home.

Some of the agents will have the mailing list organized by street addresses, so they can door knock on clients in the same neighborhood that didn't respond. One of these agents is from Oregon and he easily writes over $200K in Med Supps per year using this method. He never calls to set an appointment.

If you are not setting an appointment, do not present MA, MAPD or PDPs. CMS doesn't not allow door knocking for any type of Medicare Advantage for Medicare Part D plans.

If you think your client would like an MA, MAPD or PDP, make sure you set an appointment to come back (this will keep you CMS compliant).

I have recently started using the door-knocking approach selling f.e. I simply ask them do they remember filling out this card, and that I only need 10 minutes to explain the program to them. I go in the house expecting to get a sale. I am writing about 3000 per week in f.e. premiums.

I am usually finished by about lunch time on Friday for the week. Using Royal Neighbors, American-Amicable, Presidental for G.I. I also have Americo but I can not sell that in my state.

I have recently started using the door-knocking approach selling f.e. I simply ask them do they remember filling out this card, and that I only need 10 minutes to explain the program to them. I go in the house expecting to get a sale. I am writing about 3000 per week in f.e. premiums.

I am usually finished by about lunch time on Friday for the week. Using Royal Neighbors, American-Amicable, Presidental for G.I. I also have Americo but I can not sell that in my state.
What is your lead cost? That approach is what I was designed to do. I hate the phone, love the door!! I have been doing this for Med Supp. but FE is my true calling. I use Forethought and Motorist for FE. I would like to talk with you more about this. Sounds like your having fun.
Are you buying the leads or do you work for an agency? Are the mailers the standard $255 medicare benefit cards or what? Thanx

Back