Return on Postcard Mailers

nugget1tau

What would be a typical response percentage for a post card campaign? Would anyone think 1% is do-able? Would anyone even respond to a post card?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

What would be a typical response percentage for a post card campaign? Would anyone think 1% is do-able? Would anyone even respond to a post card?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Too many variables to give an estimate.

Usually there is an inverse relationship between response rate and quality of the lead; however, your list is the most important element to success in a mailing campaign.

Lastly, response rate takes a back seat to return on investment.

To elaborate more. I have access to a list of people who just took out a mortgage. I want to send about 200 individual postcards out with my phone number,and email address on it. The idea is to get some call backs or email replies out of those 200.

What percentage of reply should I expect? Or would there be any reply at all given that tactic?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

----------

And this is for Life Insurance.

To elaborate more. I have access to a list of people who just took out a mortgage. I want to send about 200 individual postcards out with my phone number,and email address on it. The idea is to get some call backs or email replies out of those 200.

What percentage of reply should I expect? Or would there be any reply at all given that tactic?

Generating inbound traffic is tough. Out of 200, response is going to be minimal to nil.

To elaborate more. I have access to a list of people who just took out a mortgage. I want to send about 200 individual postcards out with my phone number,and email address on it. The idea is to get some call backs or email replies out of those 200. What percentage of reply should I expect? Or would there be any reply at all given that tactic? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ---------- And this is for Life Insurance.

If your list has mortgage lender/ loan amount you could potentially get 1% - 2% back. If it is a generic list without that info expect 0%.

if you think in terms of large numbers, i think the DM industry is returning 1.41% on a new list.

House list gets double and targetted and timed correct gets even higher, but 200 cards is not a big enough sample to get "average"

You might get 50 calls you might get 0.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

----------

And this is for Life Insurance.

That is a small list. If I were working it I would mail a letter with a reply card and a return envelope for privacy. I would also search the internet for their phone numbers and email address. I really like to target people so I would also cross reference the names and emails with social media sites. I want to know something about them before I call. I do the same with orphans. Then I would drip them for a year or two. All sound time consuming but is not.

Why is a Dm campaign where you have them mail back a lead card preferable to sending out a postcard asking them to call for info? It seems like it would be more work for the prospect to have to drop off the mailer. Just curious about the rationale. Thanks in advance.

Why is a Dm campaign where you have them mail back a lead card preferable to sending out a postcard asking them to call for info? It seems like it would be more work for the prospect to have to drop off the mailer. Just curious about the rationale. Thanks in advance.

I think because they think that they'll receive the "information" by mail.

i.e., they mail it in expecting a shiny package...

Back