Returning to Insurance, Would Like Advice.

AgentDan407

Hey all,

So, I've been licensed 2-15 in FL (Life, Health, Annuity) since 2014. I worked the 2015-16 ACA marketplace season as a Salesradix agent, and enjoyed the phone and work-from-home nature of the work. The reason I left was personal...I'm a "hyper focused" type personality, and must work in absolute quiet or at least a non-chaotic atmosphere...something that is borderline impossible when you have 3 young kids.

The other drawback is that I do really enjoy my families company, and see no reason that if I have written a lot of commission for the day...then I should be able to take the rest of the day off, take the kids to the park, etc. Unfortunately, as a SR agent, even when you are successful, you have to commit to 40 hours per week, regardless.

Now, The first problem, I have solved since I was last active. I now have a detached, well soundproofed home-office in the back yard, so no screaming kids. The second problem, I don't really want to solve. ;)

Since leaving SR, I've spent most of last year in my previous profession, only writing an occasional policy...but now I remember why I left that profession...It sucks, insurance is better.

The insurance scene has changed. It doesn't appear that anyone is doing Health anymore, so I'd love to open this up to the group, and get input on these specific questions:

1.) What's paying? :D

2.) Is there any companies (Like AIO / SR, but not as restrictive) that can be done over the phone that is worth the time and money?

3.) If not, other thoughts on how to return to insurance?

Thanks,
-Dan

There are plenty of posters that sell life insurance and various other kinds of insurance exclusively over the phone (I'm not one of them). I'm sure they'll chime in later.

This is JRoot's book on selling life insurance online and over the phone. He is an MDRT Top of the Table producer. His business model doesn't fit me, but it's a valuable read:

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Life...UTF8&qid=1487207263&sr=8-1&keywords=Jeff+Root

And the medicare supplement by phone thing is a sure thing too, if you don't mind grinding it out on the dialer in the beginning, while you're developing your online lead generation systems.

The over age 65 market is still really under-served for those agents willing to study and master underwriting.

And the medicare supplement by phone thing is a sure thing too, if you don't mind grinding it out on the dialer in the beginning, while you're developing your online lead generation systems.

The over age 65 market is still really under-served for those agents willing to study and master underwriting.

^^^
Well Said !!!:yes:

Hey all,

So, I've been licensed 2-15 in FL (Life, Health, Annuity) since 2014. I worked the 2015-16 ACA marketplace season as a Salesradix agent, and enjoyed the phone and work-from-home nature of the work. The reason I left was personal...I'm a "hyper focused" type personality, and must work in absolute quiet or at least a non-chaotic atmosphere...something that is borderline impossible when you have 3 young kids.

The other drawback is that I do really enjoy my families company, and see no reason that if I have written a lot of commission for the day...then I should be able to take the rest of the day off, take the kids to the park, etc. Unfortunately, as a SR agent, even when you are successful, you have to commit to 40 hours per week, regardless.

Now, The first problem, I have solved since I was last active. I now have a detached, well soundproofed home-office in the back yard, so no screaming kids. The second problem, I don't really want to solve. ;)

Since leaving SR, I've spent most of last year in my previous profession, only writing an occasional policy...but now I remember why I left that profession...It sucks, insurance is better.

The insurance scene has changed. It doesn't appear that anyone is doing Health anymore, so I'd love to open this up to the group, and get input on these specific questions:

1.) What's paying? :D

2.) Is there any companies (Like AIO / SR, but not as restrictive) that can be done over the phone that is worth the time and money?

3.) If not, other thoughts on how to return to insurance?

Thanks,
-Dan

Just a heads' up- I don't know when exactly you worked here, but SR doesn't require 40 hours, at least not anymore. In fact, they've loosened it up considerably since last year. You don't even get mass emails about hours or calls from your managers like you used to, unless you literally just never work. Right now because of some personal issues, I'm averaging more like 30 on a good week. My best friend just went to Europe for a month, but when she works, she's more like a 25 hour work week. Of course I make more money than her, but it's all about what's important to you and your lifestyle, obviously. Just wanted to give you a heads up, since it seems like your main reason for leaving was working 40 hours, and that's not really an issue here anymore.

Back