Reulators Close Small Minnesota Bank

I don't think it will slow down this year either. And I think the real estate market will get worse for a few years. And I think the stock market will tank within the year as well.

Regulators closed a small Minnesota bank,

Regulators shut small Minnesota bank - Yahoo! Finance

Interesting part of the article this is the 73rd closure this year and the pace is more than double the closures in 2009.

I would bet if regulators were marking to market all the loans correctly etc that they would be closing 10 a week. This low interest rate environment is for them to try to rebuild their balance sheets.

The madness of Uncle Sam forcing bankers to lend to people who can fog a mirror aka "everybody drives" caused this garbage. If a bank turned down loans or mtgs they would have been sued for real, imagined or fantasy discrimination for any reason.

"Not in the country legally, make $5 an hour illegally, can't verify your income - you qualify for a $500,000 mortgage with nothing down".... back during the peak. And nothing has changed. They will and are doing it again.

"It's not your fault, you are not responsible, you deserve a consumer bailout - its the greedy bankers."

Back