[REVIEW] Top 12 Quoting Tools for Insurance Agents

Glen Shelton

Guru
1000 Post Club
Thankfully there aren’t that many options to choose from like there are for CRM’s, in our previous review article we talked about the number one reason why CRM’s help agents:

They help them keep track and follow up on the 75% of leads that aren’t ready to buy yet.

CRM’s alone won’t help you close the 25% that are open to listening to you, or the 75% of leads that are on the fence about your recommendations and may need time to “think it over.” That’s where a good quoting tool can make a difference.

In our latest review post we now set our eyes on quote engines and decided to target 5 agent niches:

1. Under 65 Health Insurance
2. Life Insurance
3. Senior Health
4. Senior Life
5. Extended Care

And compare the paid and free quoting tools to see which one was the best for you. In this blog post, we also look at the 9 core functions of a Quoting Tool, the 3 dilemmas it solves for agents, and what the 7 advanced functions they should be comparing with each option.

Just a hint: there were no grand losers or winners in this article because we were comparing 14 types of insurance that quoting tools find rates for.

SEE THE FREE AND PAID QUOTING OPTIONS

Check out IEN, they have a free app for android and you can run life quotes for term, rop term, UL age 121...easiest way to run a quick quote off your phone. You can also run general disability quotes, but i find its not as robust. Only thing lacking is whole life, LTC, and annuities.

Quotit/Norvax is DOA. Not sure why you are recommending them. They are consistently behind on Nov 1.

ACAExpress is OK, but its not $100, either. (Sorry, Kenny) I actually tried to use them and got frustrated (which may be user error on my part) and went back to Sherp.

Sherp gives the most bang for the buck and the reporting tools are invaluable. Also, they are much easier to deal with for CIC's throughout the year.

Quotit/Norvax is DOA. Not sure why you are recommending them. They are consistently behind on Nov 1.

ACAExpress is OK, but its not $100, either. (Sorry, Kenny) I actually tried to use them and got frustrated (which may be user error on my part) and went back to Sherp.

Sherp gives the most bang for the buck and the reporting tools are invaluable. Also, they are much easier to deal with for CIC's throughout the year.

Had a convo with the quotit guy - asking them questions, maybe just the health hasn't been up to par but the recommendation was based on expanded CRM capabilities and the ability to quote other lines.

Regarding the pricing being $100 it's on their site Agent | ACAExpress.

Also - I agree that Norvax is dead in the water, when we called they didn't have the ability to offer the quoting tool, and couldn't confirm if the quoting tool would be available for those that contracted via their partnership with their IMO.

This why I love the forums! Free feedback :)

Back