[REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents

Discussion in 'Insurance Websites' started by Glen Shelton, Sep 6, 2017.

1. scagnt83

scagnt83 Guru

State:
    South Carolina

The JUDGE classified it as theft. Enough said.

Read the judgment if you dont believe me. The judge called it theft multiple times, very clearly.

And they did more than just scrape the website. They stole proprietary code.

--------------

Listing a company as a viable option for agents and calling it "too good to pass up" is insinuating that they are reputable.

He called the owner a d*ck and said the site looks crappy. But nothing about the well-documented theft that exposed their clients to legal liability. (documented officially in a court of law)

If you want to list it as an option then fine... but at least tell the whole story. jmho
    Just my opinion... not sure why you are getting so defensive over me calling a thief (according to a Judge) a thief... :err:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  2. InsCommentary

InsCommentary Super Genius

As far as content goes, my standing offer is to allow reprinting of my blog posts at www.InsuranceCommentary.com. All I ask is that my copyright notice be retained and the source attributed. Otherwise, I have well over 60,000 words in the form of almost 100 articles. Not all would be appropriate for consumers, but some of it is. And it's free.

3. Tahoe Ray

Tahoe Ray Guru

State:
    Nevada
    Hi Glen,

I think that there is a difference between a web design agency that caters to insurance agents and a group of successful insurance agents that also build websites (and generate most of their income the same way).

I purchased a website from Jeff (SellTermLife.com – Sell Term Life) about 1 year ago. It was an existing site that Jeff’s team redesigned for me. I wanted a site that would search online and generate leads. If you want a site that serves just as an internet storefront/online business card or something that you can promote through social media, then I’m sure that there are a lot of other options.

At the time, the site was generating 2-3 disability insurance leads per month.

I could have paid anyone to do the site redesign. The value that I received from Sell Term Life came in the form of a website that converts visitors to leads, has high converting landing pages which are useful in other marketing aspects, and access to a community that can answer any questions that I may have.

It is a lot of work writing content but I have added over 50k words to the site and my search ranking terms continue to climb. My site still needs work (on my end) and I’m always tweaking things but that is part of the process.

In the last 10 days I have generated 9 leads, many of which were organic (to be fair, that was a really good stretch…the previous 10 days I had 2 and the 10 days before that I had 6). Organic leads are mainly what I care about since the placement ratio is so much higher than my other sources (currently around 30%).

I also have a few agents in my mastermind group that have used this service who are also now generating leads online (from scratch).

Finally, Jeff runs an awesome community of very successful online insurance agencies where the majority of participants are extremely helpful with answering questions, posting best practices, and providing advice to members of all competency levels (mine being very low).

For me, the whole thought process was, why reinvent the wheel? If these guys are doing really well using a business model that I wanted to emulate, it was much easier for them to do it for me and give me the roadmap.

My two cents…

4. suranceman

suranceman Guru

That sounds pretty cool. Good for you man!

Are there any other agents on this forum that use his service?

5. WinoBlues

WinoBlues Guru

I have a couple of contracts through them. I am fortunate enough to have access to the forum. Very helpful bunch.

These guys do every day what others say can not be done.

Good selection of podcasts also.

6. Glen Shelton

Glen Shelton Guru

State:
    Oregon
    You are absolutely right - there is a difference!

The goal with this article was to cover the 'Done-For-You' Web site building services that exist in our insurance niche.

I have worked with Jeff previously on a few different projects and would absolutely recommend him, he is awesome. His web site building service is geared more towards teaching you than being an all-in-one solution. As I said in my article, I highly recommend clicking through to each service provider to read more about their service and to make sure its a good fit for you.

I appreciate your comment here - you can also comment on the blog article itself!

----------

My goal was to review everyone who caters directly to Insurance Agents.

I will leave it up to the agents here on the forum and on the comments section of the blog article to enlighten agents on their thoughts and experiences with these companies.

If you feel NAAIP isn't worth working with - I appreciate you adding your input for other agents who are trying to make a decision.

7. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    Frankly Glen I don't see why you would need anyone else to point out what piles of garbage they are. If anything you should warn agents to stay away from the lying bastards. They are dishonest and stole Bob's quote engine.

Seriously, this impacts your credibility.

Rick

8. STIBROKER

STIBROKER Super Moderator Moderator

State:
    Texas
    Yes...................

9. Josh

Josh Guru

State:
    Virginia
    Did you somehow miss that even if naaip is innocent, everyone using that site got demand letters from Bob and threats of litigation. If they're on your list at all it should be to avoid them.

I get your spiel here and I respect it, but even mentioning naaip in a way that isn't critical is a disservice to agents.

10. kmacjax

kmacjax New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I think there is some really good information in the review article but I would be remiss if I didn't demur on two points:

1. The cart before the horse
    2. The top 16 isn't

1. The cart before the horse
    I have written blog posts covering the same topics so I can't be too critical on this, but too often (like 99.999% of the time) we see insurance agents trying to sort through all the criteria that would go into a good decision on who will build, host and support a website without having a solid marketing strategy and a comprehension of where digital fits in that strategy. Some companies that do web design can also help with this, most cannot (or don't do it very well). For insurance agencies struggling with growth in the dynamic digital world we live in, digital marketing chops should be a criterion when evaluating who will build your insurance agency website. You may not directly avail yourself of that service initially, or maybe you go elsewhere when you are ready, but a website that is built and evolved by a company that understands, lives, an breathes digital marketing is likely to be far more valuable asset than a website from a company whose primary focus is just building bright and shiny websites.

2. The top 16 isn't
    Our company, Confluency Solutions, maintains a database of companies working in the insurance agency website agency website space for competitive reasons. While there are quite possibly some omissions and errors (not the dreaded reverse) in that DB, the top 16 we show is so wildly different from the one in the review list that I have to think the review list is a little arbitrary. We also track Wordpress sites (not on a competitor server), Yahoo SiteBuilder, and at least one insurance carrier direct option. Even after excluding these options from our top 16 list eight of the review article's top 16 don't even crack our top 25.