Riders-Accidental/Child/Grandchild

Baseball7

Guru
1000 Post Club
What are your thoughts on carriers that have these rider options. Do you activly use them and if so how do you roll them in? I have little issue using Accidental Death with TA/Americo/Foresters/etc but have not dabbled in the child riders yet.

If you master those riders and become an expert you should pick up an extra 40-50 policies per year

What are your thoughts on carriers that have these rider options. Do you activly use them and if so how do you roll them in? I have little issue using Accidental Death with TA/Americo/Foresters/etc but have not dabbled in the child riders yet.

I believe child riders can be more valuable than accident death. Both to the parents and then to the adult child. Also built in business down range. Not to replace individual coverage.

I use grand child riders on a regular. Since they help build extra value into their policy for them since now they are not only covering themselves but their grand child as well so it help remind them why they are making their payment every month. I have used the child rider for the same benefit just haven't came across very many chances to use it.

Liberty Bankers Life...$1.20 per grandchild. $7,500 death benefit. They also have an income rider that allows the beneficiary to receive an extra $500 or $1000 per month for the first 12 months after the claim on top of the lump sum death benefit.

Liberty Bankers Life...$1.20 per grandchild. $7,500 death benefit. They also have an income rider that allows the beneficiary to receive an extra $500 or $1000 per month for the first 12 months after the claim on top of the lump sum death benefit.

Columbian 2.09 per month per child or grandchild. Convertible, also full paid up to the end of the term if the primary insured dies unless the rider is attached to a graded benefit plan. Settlers has a 5K first to die child/grandchild benefit built into their polices at no extra charge.

I don't like children and grandchildren riders that much, because you need the ss # for the kids, and grandma has to find out then get back to you, so you have the 1.50 rider holding back the $50 policy.

I don't like children and grandchildren riders that much, because you need the ss # for the kids, and grandma has to find out then get back to you, so you have the 1.50 rider holding back the $50 policy.

With LBL they only need name and d.o.b.

So, when you could have covered several kids that have no life insurance for just a buck or two you leave them all uninsured due to a little inconvenience on your part? Shameful.

Besides, many companies will let you "slide" on the SS numbers. You should call your companies and find out which ones will.

Back