Riding a Bike for Door Knocking?

Were a black suit and white shirt and tie. They will think you are a Mormon missionary.

In his early days selling Real Estate, Tom Hopkins rode a motorcycle to his appointments, or maybe a scooter or moped. I seem to recall him referring to it humorously and also (IIRC) that this was before he took a professional sales training class and became successful.

I'm guessing that it depends on your clientele. As someone from way down south, I'm thinking it *might* possibly work for a few in areas like SF where it might be seen as environmentally friendly, etc. and also perhaps in neighborhoods where that is a very common mode of transportation and which have little auto traffic. But more commonly, I think, people will think it is weird, with some assuming that perhaps you cannot afford a car. Plus, if you are selling FE in some neighborhoods, the bike might get stolen.

Last edited:
Sorry about that Bicycle. I live in a pretty populated area, and I think riding a bike could give me an extra 10-15 houses a day.

----------

In his early days selling Real Estate, Tom Hopkins rode a motorcycle to his appointments, or maybe a scooter or moped. I seem to recall him referring to it humorously and also (IIRC) that this was before he took a professional sales training class and became successful.

I'm guessing that it depends on your clientele. As someone from way down south, I'm thinking it *might* possibly work for a few in areas like SF where it might be seen as environmentally friendly, etc. and also perhaps in neighborhoods where that is a very common mode of transportation and which have little auto traffic. But more commonly, I think, people will think it is weird, with some assuming that perhaps you cannot afford a car. Plus, if you are selling FE in some neighborhoods, the bike might get stolen.

Yeah, those are pretty much all my fears. I was wondering how a client might feel with someone riding off on a bike with their check. :swoon:

Sorry about that Bicycle. I live in a pretty populated area, and I think riding a bike could give me an extra 10-15 houses a day.

----------

Yeah, those are pretty much all my fears. I was wondering how a client might feel with someone riding off on a bike with their check. :swoon:
Well, if you are able to hit an extra 10-15 houses I say do a test of large numbers. Does that extra ground you cover give you at least the same ratio. It's nothing I've tried and I don't usually go door to door but when I do I'm targeting farmers. 99% of farmers own at least 1 gun I need a faster get away than a bike not to mention I can't see being very productive. Although, it may help me lose the extra 10....ok 15 pounds I've put on since having kids:D

How it would be accepted would probably depend upon where you are.. If you are in a part of the country that tends to have a large liberal, Eco-green population it might even work to your advantage.

How it would be accepted would probably depend upon where you are.. If you are in a part of the country that tends to have a large liberal, Eco-green population it might even work to your advantage.

I'm in Alabama, saying the word liberal down here can get you shot. :cool:

Back