Risk Pool?

I'm thinking risk pool on this case.. anything else I can do?

Type 2 Diabetes
HBP controlled with meds
5'6, 180lbs, Female

Tell her to get a job with a company that has benefits.... or have her start her own business and hire someone (if small-group ins. is GI in her state).... or see if she might be elig. for Medicaid.

Al

Tell her to get a job with a company that has benefits.... or have her start her own business and hire someone (if small-group ins. is GI in her state).... or see if she might be elig. for Medicaid.

Al

She is about a year and half away from Medicare and she is retired. That being said, I guess the risk pool is what I'm looking at...

She is about a year and half away from Medicare and she is retired.

18 months away from Medicare? Maybe you could write her a short-term policy with diabetes waivered out (if not in CA). Or maybe you could try one of the impaired risk carriers?

Worst comes to worst, she goes 'naked' for 18 months and then picks up m-care. How expensive is her diabetes meds, etc? How much is she going to spend month to month on healthcare for the next 18 months?

I still think she should get a job somewhere she can get benefits... maybe at a telemarketing center or perhaps a clerical government job... for the next year or so.

Al

Risk Pool. STM not covering any pre-ex is too much liablity for her. And if she's a very good family friend you can make her understand (I'm sure she already does) that if she dropped some weight the HBP and type 2 would disappear.

Back