Ritter or Senior Market Sales

I am not an agent. In the spring I did reading in a lot of threads about imo's while considering becoming an agent.

If you have a hidden agenda (ie needs) that are not expressed in your post above, you need to identify those and relate them to what the choices you asked about provide.

Personally, after the reading I have done on site, if i was in the position of having an established medicare insurance business for which I wanted additional carriers and: I did not want to use my current business relationships for some reason and I wanted to make a decision which I was not going to second guess, I would call Todd King and ask him if he represented the carriers I wanted to add.

Thank you for the kudos, LD!

Do give us a call sometime. We can help!

Looking at these two to get contracted for Med Supps and FE mostly with, in time, multi-state capability. I'd appreciate getting some thoughts on which one is 'better' and why. Thanks.

I have no experience with SMS, but can give an unqualified recommendation to Ritter. Nothing bad to say about them, fair and straight forward.

I've had contracts with both. There was a time when I would have recommended SMS. I had several contracts with them and wrote many Med Supps and MAPD cases with them. Also wrote some annuities and life cases. Was told by my rep there that I was one of his top producers in Georgia. Then they showed their true colors. I have moved all of those contracts to Ritter.

My only knock against Ritter is sometimes the staff is slow to respond. But I've shared that with Craig in the past. It is what it is. I don't need a lot of hand holding. Craig is definitely one of the good guys in this business and works hard behind the scenes on developing tools to help agents.

With that said, there are probably numerous agents who will sing the praises of SMS. As I said earlier, I was once one of those agents. Now you couldn't pay me to send business through them.

I've had contracts with both. There was a time when I would have recommended SMS. I had several contracts with them and wrote many Med Supps and MAPD cases with them. Also wrote some annuities and life cases. Was told by my rep there that I was one of his top producers in Georgia. Then they showed their true colors. I have moved all of those contracts to Ritter.

My only knock against Ritter is sometimes the staff is slow to respond. But I've shared that with Craig in the past. It is what it is. I don't need a lot of hand holding. Craig is definitely one of the good guys in this business and works hard behind the scenes on developing tools to help agents.

With that said, there are probably numerous agents who will sing the praises of SMS. As I said earlier, I was once one of those agents. Now you couldn't pay me to send business through them.

Yes I find Ritter slow in responding as the norm rather than the exception.

Yes I find Ritter slow in responding as the norm rather than the exception.

Certainly, I'm not happy about that, but I appreciate the feedback. I always want to get better at serving agents. Not sure if this was a recent experience or you're speaking historically as we've added a number of great agent service reps in the past 9 months!

I pulled some stats on our "Service Requests" in the past 30 days and we've gotten positive feedback on 318 and negative feedback on 14 for about 96% positive. This time of year can be challenging, of course, for everyone and we're working early and staying late to try and get things done.

We've worked really hard on this. It's been challenging with our growth, but that's not meant as an excuse. I'm hopeful you'll find us doing better in this category.

I apologize for your experience here and hope we can do better for you!

You can always PM me. . .I do respond to them!

Certainly, I'm not happy about that, but I appreciate the feedback. I always want to get better at serving agents. Not sure if this was a recent experience or you're speaking historically as we've added a number of great agent service reps in the past 9 months!

I pulled some stats on our "Service Requests" in the past 30 days and we've gotten positive feedback on 318 and negative feedback on 14 for about 96% positive. This time of year can be challenging, of course, for everyone and we're working early and staying late to try and get things done.

We've worked really hard on this. It's been challenging with our growth, but that's not meant as an excuse. I'm hopeful you'll find us doing better in this category.

I apologize for your experience here and hope we can do better for you!

You can always PM me. . .I do respond to them!

And this here is one of the reasons why Ritter is getting my business. I had a post a couple of years ago where I was questioning what a carrier rep told me regarding SMS and certifications. It wasn't in any way negative toward SMS. Again, I posted what a carrier rep told me and stated I find it hard to believe what he said. And SMS more or less threatened me. Told me I needed to delete the post and doing so would go a long way with them helping me get a situation with a carrier resolved. More or less saying, if you don't delete the post then we won't help you with this problem with the carrier. Then when I tried to get someone in management to speak with me about it (because that's who was doing the threatening through my broker rep there), they couldn't be bothered. They must have forgotten that the agent is their client. So they lost my business forever.

As you can see, Craig welcomes the feedback and will make efforts to get better. I'm sure it's not fun seeing negative feedback on a public forum, but Craig being the stand up guy he is accepts the constructive criticism and strives to correct it. I don't need a lot of hand holding so the slower response time isn't as a huge deal to me. Frustrating at times, but I can accept it knowing that Craig will strive to implement processes to fix things that can be fixed. The only advice I would give as it pertains to response times is to try and make sure the staff responds to phone calls and emails the same business day if it's within reason. That's the rule I follow for my clients. If they call or email me during business hours, as long as I'm in the office I will call or email them back the same day.

Certainly, I'm not happy about that, but I appreciate the feedback. I always want to get better at serving agents. Not sure if this was a recent experience or you're speaking historically as we've added a number of great agent service reps in the past 9 months! You can always PM me. . .I do respond to them!

Craig -

I just called your office at 2:15 PDT. I was directed to voicemail.

Rick

Craig -

I just called your office at 2:15 PDT. I was directed to voicemail.

Rick

According to google, their hours of operation on Monday through Thursday are 8 am to 4:30 pm Eastern Time. You called at 5:15 pm Eastern Time. I'll let you figure it out.

Back