Robo Calls, Why Are There Still So Many Companies Doing It?

gordon112

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Ok, I have been getting emails about robo life insurance/Med Sup Live Transfers and did some research and have found a lot of companies doing them and not just recently, but for years and I talked to two outfits today and they both say the are compliant and have good track records. One company said the risk is on you, consult a lawyer!..This just seems like a risk I will not take. It is very enticing though, at 3.95 per transfer or less and everything can be tailor made to your campaign.

I would like to know if there are any agents using them. I know there is a lot out there using the system and I don't expect them to answer this question in forum. An agent that is trying to recruit me told me he averages over 7k month in AP just doing Life calls and only does 50 transfers a week.
Anyways, I am ranting and want some information....I know Josh will be answering this right away!
Live Lead Pros seems to be the leader, but there is a lot other outfits.

1) Because it's not the company offering the services whose a** is on the line, it's the agent's. That why you can still find plenty of fax blasting services.

2) Because these companies know the truth - that very few people actually report it to the FTC.

3) Because these companies know that the FTC only has the man power to deal with companies that generate a lot of complaints - not "John Smith, agent from Arkansas."

1) Because it's not the company offering the services whose a** is on the line, it's the agent's. That why you can still find plenty of fax blasting services.

2) Because these companies know the truth - that very few people actually report it to the FTC.

3) Because these companies know that the FTC only has the man power to deal with companies that generate a lot of complaints - not "John Smith, agent from Arkansas."

It is a risk I am not willing to take, plus I hate sitting on the phone all day...all imho ..And agree that's why they are doing it still, the FTC hasn't got into the big sting operation to shut them down so they will continue...I just think it might be around the corner and I don't want to be a part of it.

It is a risk I am not willing to take, plus I hate sitting on the phone all day...all imho ..And agree that's why they are doing it still, the FTC hasn't got into the big sting operation to shut them down so they will continue...I just think it might be around the corner and I don't want to be a part of it.

A company that recently made 2.5 Billion dials, yes Billion, was fined 3 million dollars. That means each dial cost them about $0.001 or a tenth of a penny per dial. Supposedly it is going to bankrupt the company. That hardly seems a huge penalty for all those dials.

It's not a matter of what you can or can't get away it. It's a matter of ethics. I run a current telemarketing campaign - non-insurance related and BtoB. I don't have to scrub against the DNC but when we run across someone who claims we can't call them, instead of digging in we simple say "we're very sorry and will remove your name." Not 95% - not 98% but 100% say fine with no issues.

"

That's less of an issue. The truth is that almost everyone gets away with it. That's something they're working on changing, but there are plenty of reports they're just not following up on. That's why we have vendors and shady IMOs promoting them.

It's not a matter of what you can or can't get away it. It's a matter of ethics. I run a current telemarketing campaign - non-insurance related and BtoB. I don't have to scrub against the DNC but when we run across someone who claims we can't call them, instead of digging in we simple say "we're very sorry and will remove your name." Not 95% - not 98% but 100% say fine with no issues.

It is also in your best interest. Someone who immediately says that, what are you going to accomplish by going at them? They aren't suddenly going to go, "You're right, sign me up. I'll take a case and here is my credit card number." No, they'll just dig their heels in further and further and you'll ruin your mood.

True. And smugness isn't a virtue either; "A point in fact Tim, we're allowed to call you since the do-not-call list doesn't apply to you."

Yeah...that'll win a lot of friends.

Back