Roll em all

jman1237

Expert
So as long as it's to the customer's benefit, any MA's written last year you
would move to a better plan whether it be 0 premium or 20 bucks or whatever if it is clearly a better deal for the client or they feel that it is. Then you can make a new commission, at what point does your FMO began to hate you?:D

As long as you only do what is best for the client, not much to hate. However, systematically rolling your business can usually get you terminated for cause with most carriers.

As long as you only do what is best for the client, not much to hate. However, systematically rolling your business can usually get you terminated for cause with most carriers.

With the ever changing landscape of MA plans, it's not uncommon for there to be a "better" plan for the client the following year. Enrolling someone in an MA does not require a replacement form so there really is no way for the carrier to know who replaced the client. Here in Georgia, the Advantra Freedom 2 plan has gotten better. The Advantra Freedom 1 is pretty much staying the same. So the clients with those plans are staying put (unless they just had a problem with Coventry). Today's Options however is making some changes and now they aren't as competitive as last year. So the majority of those folks will be switching to a new carrier.

The odds of Pyramid terminated my contract are slim since they don't have a clue whether or not I was the one who replaced the client. Sure, they can see that the majority of mine are no longer enrolled, but there's no proof that I made the change.

Just my two cents.

sman Can I borrow another 2 cents from ya. I understand you're the one actually replacing the MA so the other carrier would have to contact the client and ask them or do you have sub agents that would be doing a lot of the paperwork.
Speaking of that do you or anyone else have any good tips for finding good agents to train under you, and set up a system where they don't feel your robbing them but you don't have to babysit there every move either.
Jman:skeptical:

sman Can I borrow another 2 cents from ya. I understand you're the one actually replacing the MA so the other carrier would have to contact the client and ask them or do you have sub agents that would be doing a lot of the paperwork.
Speaking of that do you or anyone else have any good tips for finding good agents to train under you, and set up a system where they don't feel your robbing them but you don't have to babysit there every move either.
Jman:skeptical:

Now that's the $64,000 question.

So as long as it's to the customer's benefit, any MA's written last year you would move to a better plan whether it be 0 premium or 20 bucks or whatever if it is clearly a better deal for the client or they feel that it is. Then you can make a new commission, at what point does your FMO began to hate you?

Good point to debate!

1) Why is there a guaranteed issue benefit during an open enrollment period? Take Missouri, for example. State law provides 30 days before to 30 days after the policy anniversary of a Med Sup to allow a beneficiary to switch to another company.

2) Why is there an annual enrollement period for MA plans? CMS says this is the time to switch... so why, or why not?

3) Why would the FMO have anything to say about this?:GEEK:

Good point to debate!

1) Why is there a guaranteed issue benefit during an open enrollment period? Take Missouri, for example. State law provides 30 days before to 30 days after the policy anniversary of a Med Sup to allow a beneficiary to switch to another company.

2) Why is there an annual enrollement period for MA plans? CMS says this is the time to switch... so why, or why not?

3) Why would the FMO have anything to say about this?:GEEK:

Because presumably the business will no longer be on the FMO's books. But unless the contract has some kind of non-compete or non-solicitation clause they can't do anything about it.

MO is the only state I know of that has an annual guar issue period for Supps. Most others only have it for turning 65, otherwise becoming eligible for Medicare, plan pullout, etc.

Cenla, I know the why... I am asking a rhetorical question. My point being that CMS EXPECTS beneficiaries to switch to maintain a policy most beneficial to them, and FMOs have no business trying to stop them.

MO is the only state I know of that has an annual guar issue period for Supps. Most others only have it for turning 65, otherwise becoming eligible for Medicare, plan pullout, etc.
Just an FYI, California guarantees issue on the person's birthday to move to any other company's same or lesser plan. I move a lot of "sick" people into lower priced carriers.

Rick

Back