Rookie Agent Seeking Helps on Both Natural Market & Cold Calling.

feinberg

Hi all experts here.

I’m new to this insurance field. Just started not long ago.
I found this nice forum and looking for advice & helps.

I’m from Malaysia, a Chinese, Male.

The situations here are different with U.S, people are not really open minded to insurance. It’s was like…direct sales, people hates that. Rejection will comes in first place.
Usually won’t mention about insurance automatically.

As an new agent, we usually starting sell to
1- Natural Market (Friends, Relatives)
2- Cold Call

I’m seeking advice to begin in these two fields.

Products I have on hand.
Regular Premium Investment-Linked Insurance Policy (Unit-Linked)
-consist of Basic Sum Assured on Life
-total permanent disability
-Cash Value (based on the investment)
-medical card (add-on rider)
-critical illness (add-on rider)

Selling point can be various as we can add in the rider or not.
I’m familiar with the Product Technical knowledge.
Just, I’m lacking on the prospecting & sales part.

Natural Market :
I have not much on the listings, less friend, less relatives, most of them are students, some have low income. I don’t even have their phone contacts.

Case Study-
Most of them don’t even know I’m in insurance field now.
-How do I start / Intro myself?
-Doing Insurance Survey? – Any guide?

I need Prospecting idea, approach method, scripts, presentation ideas are welcomed too.

Cold Calling / Cold canvassing:
Since I got not much listing on natural market, Cold Calling / Cold canvassing is another source.

In Malaysia here, we don’t have those leads, auto telephone calling system.
No residents’ area door to door knocking either as residents are all guarded up.
I’m seeking scripts / openings, prospecting method.

Below are a few area which could work out.

Shop Lots :- Since they doing retails, we able to walk in, meet with business owner.

Shopping Mall :- Walk in Retail shops, usually only have staffs or foreign workers. Hard to reach business owner.

Industrial / Factory Area :- Walk in, Need to breakthrough gatekeepers, staffs, secretary then only we get to reach business owner, most of the time, the business owner aren’t around.

Schools :- At children waiting / Bus / Parking area. Meets with parents/ guardians.

Yellow Pagse :- It’s a phone directory for all the small-medium business. I could use phone and call. The directory contains the name of company, nature of business, area, and office phone number, that’s all.

Same, I need Prospecting idea, approach method, scripts, presentation ideas are welcomed too.

Thanks A Lot in Advance. Appreciate your helps.

You may personal message me if not convenience to post directly here.

Sorry for my bad English. =D

Last edited:
Re: Rookie Agent Seeking Helps on Both Natural Market & Cold Call

hummmmm.....interesting.......will western marketing methods would also work in Malaysia.........

hummmmm.....interesting.......will western marketing methods would also work in Malaysia.........

I would imagine cold calling would work in any market as long as the agent is willing to:
1) put in the time and effort
2) have a product
3) not get frustrated when it's going slow

Feinberg- find a targeted list of the area you are working. Start calling and don't stop for 6-8 hours (maybe a couple small breaks)
You can't not find success. (<---that works, right?)

Basically is almost same. It's meeting people.

@tins, yup, you are right. Thanks for advice:)

can your product be sold on line.......

only can do prospecting or advertising part. we still need to meet up with customer in the end face to face, explain, and sign the paper application form.

-most of malaysian still don't online
-we doesn't have a online community like this insurance forum / suitable place to promote ourself.
-trust plays an important role. they usually perceive strangers as bad buys, conman.

I think the list would be the most important part. If I were starting again I'm sure I'd save myself a lot of time by having a good list that prequalified my potential buyers as much as possible. Before I started calling I'd be asking myself & the carrier about what type of people(demographics).... have the product now, have the highest lapse rate, is the product design for(target), etc. etc.

Back