Root Insurance announces significant expansion in Ohio

Insurance Forums Staff

Guru
Sponsor
Insurance Forums Staff submitted a new article

Root Insurance announces significant expansion in Ohio
choose-plan-lady-on-bench.png

Three-year-old auto insurance startup plans to add 463 jobs – growth of 500% - in Columbus by the end of 2021. Currently available in 16 states, Root plans to be nationwide by the end of 2019.
Continue reading the Original Article.

I've asked them for a copy of their policy to review. I'll see (1) whether they'll let me do that (I haven't found an auto insurance company in America yet that will) and, if so, (2) how it compares to other policies in the marketplace.

In order to provide a quote you must download the app turn it on and then they begin tracking. Are they tracking just driving behaviors or maybe all behaviors? I can only imagine how many premium changes this type of policy will incur as time goes on with this type of monitoring.

I asked them for a copy of their policy and they told me I had to use their app for two weeks. I told them I wasn't going to invest two weeks for this and then find out that their policy was inferior. They refused to provide a copy, although that is not unusual. I've done research on online quotes and not a single auto carrier would allow me to read their policy until I bought the coverage. Can anyone think of any other contract where the other contracting party that wrote the contract refuses to allow you to review it before signing? I'm not sure why regulators permit this.

Back