ROP Term

First off, ROP is nothing more than a forced savings account. It is not insurance, and I don't present it to anyone that way. I have sold a handful of them to people who really should be saving on their own, but don't. I tell them that it does double the premium, but, if you ride out the term, you will get a little present at the end.

Is it a racket? Well, I'm still sitting on the fence on that.

Exactly all it is is a forced savings account, and based on peoples spending now days, it might be needed more now than ever. Probably half the policies we write have a ROP and clients seem to love them. :1laugh:

Exactly all it is is a forced savings account, and based on peoples spending now days, it might be needed more now than ever. Probably half the policies we write have a ROP and clients seem to love them. :1laugh:

I still sell some. Not as much as before the rate increases a year or two back. I do not recommend it based on the small amount of ROP but on the reduced paid up policy at the end. In some cases it was sold based on the RdPdUp. Usually to a dependent of a recent FE client, such as a single mom. Larger need while the kids are young paid up policy at the end. WP and convertible child riders of course.

I still sell some. Not as much as before the rate increases a year or two back. I do not recommend it based on the small amount of ROP but on the reduced paid up policy at the end. In some cases it was sold based on the RdPdUp. Usually to a dependent of a recent FE client, such as a single mom. Larger need while the kids are young paid up policy at the end. WP and convertible child riders of course.

Cinci Life has a great ROP Term with RdPdUp feature. The illustrations also show it in a manner that is simple for the client to comprehend.

Back