Roth IRA on steroids

Of course, your own ideas of where investments will be going should enter the conversation.

Retirement Planning Ain’t What It Used to Be | ThinkAdvisor

https://www.crestmontresearch.com/docs/Stock-Waiting-For-Avg.pdf

The problem is NOBODY knows where the market will go, short, medium, or long term. There has been way more folks wrong over time than right. Be invested, diversify, rebalance, and plan with other money according to your needs, wants, desires, and time horizon. The guys in these articles can just as easily be wrong or they might be right, or somewhere in between.

He’s actually coming in Friday. We are going to call and get two in force illustrations one using current payments and one as a reduced paid up. You are right he should have done a little better.
See what the cash value gain year over year is at this point. My guess he's easily in the positive with each payment... or should be. If he's putting in $8k and getting $8k, 9k, 10k or more growth on the CV plus growing death benefit, that's a pretty good thing. Obviously there is more to it (looking at his whole situation and what he needs/wants) but you know where I'm coming from.
:)

See what the cash value gain year over year is at this point. My guess he's easily in the positive with each payment... or should be. If he's putting in $8k and getting $8k, 9k, 10k or more growth on the CV plus growing death benefit, that's a pretty good thing. Obviously there is more to it (looking at his whole situation and what he needs/wants) but you know where I'm coming from.
:)

The cash value went up a lot. In 2018 the CV was 83,739 and in 2019 it's 92,860 the death benefit is $450,000

Last edited:
The numbers are the numbers. Some agent sold a 32 year old guy a life insurance policy as some super IRA and it cost the guy almost $100,000 of retirement savings.
The good thing is at least he's got a solid policy that is now efficient and will grow substantially over time. Assuming he has the money to fund investments, obviously he should and likely heavier to make up some lost ground.

Back