Roth IRA on steroids

I have seen people who WANT life insurance for protection and wealth transfer but never as a savings vehicle if there is not a need for the insurance.

Agreed. While life insurance does have some unique aspects to it... if there isn't a primary need for coverage, it's harder to justify.

Although, the longer you have it (15+ years), the better it generally gets.

Last edited:
Agreed. While life insurance does have some unique aspects to it... if there isn't a primary need for coverage, it's harder to justify.

Here we go again lol

How have you been?

Reactions: DHK

Here we go again lol

How have you been?

Nooooooooo!!!!

I think instead of "Fight Club", we should have a place where knowledgeable posters can battle these concepts out without flaming/personal attacks (you guys don't do that and I love to follow debates when it is strictly academic/philosophical).

I propose we call it "The Octagon" We can even have a "Versus" section.

@Golfnut2112 and I have an understanding. He just doesn't approve of using permanent life insurance as a primary long-term savings vehicle - unless and until other qualified plan contributions are met.

It's his values and that's fine. :)

@Golfnut2112 and I have an understanding. He just doesn't approve of using permanent life insurance as a primary long-term savings vehicle - unless and until other qualified plan contributions are met.

It's his values and that's fine. :)

Fair enough.

Still like my idea, though.

In addition to the "like, quote, and top" buttons, we add a "challenge" button and go to the octagon.

Tongue in cheek but it could still be cool...

I had an interview with a captive company. I was asking about insurance and retirement for 20-40 year olds. I asked this while near the end of the interview when I found out they most definitely do the Project 200 thing.

The agency manager said that an IUL policy was superior--said it was "a Roth IRA on steroids." I couldn't get specifics out of him though when I asked how so.

I don't think he meant having the policy within a Roth IRA, if that is even possible.

So lets say one is putting in maximum contributions to a Roth every year ($6,000) from starting from age 25 into Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF (avg 7.31% since 2001 inception, 0.03% expense ratio).

What makes a IUL better than a Roth with the above investment selection? As opposed to said individual buying a term policy and investing most into a Roth?
RUN, really fast:)

Latest posts

Back