Route Planner that Can Handle Rural Routes?

I've searched all previous threads on route planners and their are some good suggestions, but 99% cant handle/find rural routes. Most are only compatible with the 911 system.

I simply posted the link to a previous discussion on route planners in the hopes that one of the ones mentioned may be of help. I don't go to rural areas, it's too easy for old farts to get lost out there.

You can always google each address and get the directions. I remember the days when you had to go to the Post Office to get directions to a rural address.:twitchy:

I simply posted the link to a previous discussion on route planners in the hopes that one of the ones mentioned may be of help. I don't go to rural areas, it's too easy for old farts to get lost out there.

I have panned through the large majority and have had no luck, but I do great appreciate the suggestion, thanks. Most of my business is rural, mostly farmers and such, but those are the folk im the best with ha.

----------

You can always google each address and get the directions. I remember the days when you had to go to the Post Office to get directions to a rural address.:twitchy:

Now days, even the post offices have no clue. Most of the worker are semi fresh and younger, that have never really delt with RR's system. Now you do get lucky occasionally and happen to catch one of the "more seasoned" mail carriers that still can tell you where to gom just based off of their memory of their routes before the switch to 911 system, pre 2003ish.

Now days, even the post offices have no clue. Most of the worker are semi fresh and younger, that have never really delt with RR's system. Now you do get lucky occasionally and happen to catch one of the "more seasoned" mail carriers that still can tell you where to gom just based off of their memory of their routes before the switch to 911 system, pre 2003ish.[/QUOTE]

I know, and it seems like many of the people they hire can't read...they're always shoving my neighbors mail in my box! As far as getting directions from the Post Office...I was talking about doing that in the 70's...hahaha. If you're going to work in the country google the 911 address and it'll give you directions to their house. After working the country for a while, you should get better at finding the addresses at 2158 N. 300 Rd. by looking at the markers at each intersection, for example. If all else fails call them for directions.

Now days, even the post offices have no clue. Most of the worker are semi fresh and younger, that have never really delt with RR's system. Now you do get lucky occasionally and happen to catch one of the "more seasoned" mail carriers that still can tell you where to gom just based off of their memory of their routes before the switch to 911 system, pre 2003ish.

I know, and it seems like many of the people they hire can't read...they're always shoving my neighbors mail in my box! As far as getting directions from the Post Office...I was talking about doing that in the 70's...hahaha. If you're going to work in the country google the 911 address and it'll give you directions to their house. After working the country for a while, you should get better at finding the addresses at 2158 N. 300 Rd. by looking at the markers at each intersection, for example. If all else fails call them for directions.[/QUOTE]

Even Google can't find rural routes. I'm not talking about addresses like 2158 N. 300 Rd; I'm referring to addresses like RR 121 box 2. A lot of the real little, rural towns won't even have a correlating 911 address. The ones that do aren't much better though, due to there not being a way to cross compare RR addresses to their new 911 addresses. Even the post office doesn't have those records available enless you talk to an ol post office gray beard that remembers having to remember the correlating addresses when the switch took place years ago.

Back