Royal neighbors experience

URDRWHO

Guru
100+ Post Club
Has anyone had experience with a life company called Royal Neighbors. I recently contracted with them and today I sent an app to them.

For probably the past 5 years all my life apps were e-mailed in and the signature pages would follow through the regular mail. Royal Neighbors said they won't take e-mail but want it faxed to them. When I faxed the app their fax machine would only handshake at 9600. Most all fax machines I send to (especially at a company that receives high volume) receive at 14,400. It took 24 minutes for them to receive 13 pages. I kept picturing an insurance company being run out of someone's garage on a budget that can't afford a good fax machine.

There are times when I have 2 or 3 life apps to send to a company at the same time. With such a slow fax machine, this royal neighbors company would be a nightmare to send 40 pages of apps.

Anybody have experience with their life insurance?

Has anyone had experience with a life company called Royal Neighbors. I recently contracted with them and today I sent an app to them.

For probably the past 5 years all my life apps were e-mailed in and the signature pages would follow through the regular mail. Royal Neighbors said they won't take e-mail but want it faxed to them. When I faxed the app their fax machine would only handshake at 9600. Most all fax machines I send to (especially at a company that receives high volume) receive at 14,400. It took 24 minutes for them to receive 13 pages. I kept picturing an insurance company being run out of someone's garage on a budget that can't afford a good fax machine.

There are times when I have 2 or 3 life apps to send to a company at the same time. With such a slow fax machine, this royal neighbors company would be a nightmare to send 40 pages of apps.

Anybody have experience with their life insurance?

Travis (Hoosier Daddy) does a lot of business with them and speaks very highly of them. Never heard any complaints like that.

You might want to IM him to get his input.

Could have been a phone line problem, their fax being out of paper etc.
I seriously doubt that given how cheap fax machines are, that any company, garage based or not, would run at 9600

I seriously doubt that given how cheap fax machines are, that any company, garage based or not, would run at 9600

...or even use an actual fax machine anymore for recieving faxes. Now they can recieve them online and eliminate the scanning of paper.

I think even the Flintstones had Ring Central in their last season.

Well I faxed to their Austin TX line and got 9600. Then I called their Illinois office and they said to fax to them. Again 9600.

I thought it may be my fax machine so I faxed to someone I know. It went out at 14,400.

I run a one man operation, just me. I do life, health and P&C. To do all this effectively I've created automated processes. Processes like taking apps and making them form fillable on my computer. My Contact Manager program is invaluable in setting alarms for to-do's etc. A client needs a certificate of insurance, I complete the form on my computer, it's formatted into a PDF file and e-mailed to them. An life insurance company has questions, they e-mail me and I respond through e-mail, a record is kept on my Contact Manager.

This faxing crap makes it harder to track the progress. Unlike e-mail with faxing there isn't any request receipt button. Each month more and more P&C companies are sending me e-policies for my records. Yea! No more bulky 30 page policy copies arrive in the mail. They are archived to a seperate hard drive.

This company seems to be working in the dark ages. Not sure if they will fit into my working arragment. :no:

Didn't know that. I am even contracted with them. Are you jerkin my chain Rick?:)
While that is definitely a reasonable question, I am serious. You need to download some software and set things up with AA, but it's not hard to do.

Haven't used them in a couple of years so maybe the program has been updated. But when I was writing all you did was scan the documents using their software and send.

Rick

Read my post I said e-mailed for the past 5 years,,NOT faxed.

What you can do is ask them to join the 21st Century and accept e-mailed apps.

Yea I'm blasting them...I blast all insurance companies when they set up bad protocols.

Before the past 5 year period of e-mailing apps they were faxed.

Maybe it was just that day because it does seem strange that IL and TX both had slow rates.

S happens that we all know. If a faxed app gets misplaced who do you call? At least with an e-mail you know who it was sent to. With a fax anyone can pick it up, misplace it and you have nobody to blame. Talk about the opposite of faxing apps, heck West coast life has an on-line application process (guess they still do).

I've been doing this for over 25 years and I have found insurance companies are terrible when it comes to embracing new technology. Everyone was using Windows and insurance companies were still sending quoting software in DOS. Why haven't more insurance companies made their applications fillable PDF's (some do but they all should)? Insurance companies websites are more times than not IE dependent and not written to WC3 standards.

So over the years I've witnessed the backward thinking of insurance companies and I am always trying to get them to move forward. Nothing pesonal toward RNA, they look like a fine company.

You ask about the previous company. It wasn't one...it was many. Most of the time I use different brokerages.

Wow, your 4th post and you are Blasting RNA over their Fax machine... You mentioned for 5 years your life applications where faxed with sig papers to follow in the mail... Why did you stop using that company. What made you contract with RNA? Who did you go through for your contract.

I write 8-10 apps with Royal Neighbors a week. I have never had the first problem with the fax, or have I heard this from anyone else. I have some contacts in the UPPER MANAGEMENT of RNA, and I would be glad to make some phone calls on your behalf. PM me your name and I will make the call on MONDAY and address these issues.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back