Royal Neighbors Term

SouthernComfort

Guru
100+ Post Club
I submitted an application with them and a separate med list with explanations of what and why. I received an email today with a request for further explanation for Meclazine (inner ear/vertigo) takes as needed and celebrex(I am assuming they are wanting to be sure he doesn't have rheumatoid arthritis).

So what is the question? Give them the further explanation.

No question, I am sorry guys, just a little frustrated. I called underwriting before submit and I explained all meds and health issues and then sent in a written explanation with each med. I know the doctor isn't going to share the information with me, so why doesn't the carrier request this info directly form the local doc?

No question, I am sorry guys, just a little frustrated. I called underwriting before submit and I explained all meds and health issues and then sent in a written explanation with each med. I know the doctor isn't going to share the information with me, so why doesn't the carrier request this info directly form the local doc?

Carriers don't want to order an aps unless they have to. They try and have the agents gather the info. On the underwriters behalf. Win win for everyone if you can get it issued quicker

I submitted an application with them and a separate med list with explanations of what and why. I received an email today with a request for further explanation for Meclazine (inner ear/vertigo) takes as needed and celebrex(I am assuming they are wanting to be sure he doesn't have rheumatoid arthritis).

Giving RNA more than they asked for in the beginning really threw them off their game. They want to be the ones that come up with off the application questions.

The underwriters at RNA are really jumpy lately. They seem to be in "save our job" mode.

Now if you were to submit one of those new UL's they are so proud of then you might get a congratulatory letter?:laugh:

The underwriters have cost me business lately, they have downgraded the last 3 clients I sent to them to a standard rating instead of the preferred status that I originally quoted. The underwriter even had the nerve to tell me to quote everyone standard from now on, how does that make them competitive? Has anyone else run into this, I'm about to stop writing business with them, they cost me $1500 in commissions with this crap.

The underwriters have cost me business lately, they have downgraded the last 3 clients I sent to them to a standard rating instead of the preferred status that I originally quoted. The underwriter even had the nerve to tell me to quote everyone standard from now on, how does that make them competitive? Has anyone else run into this, I'm about to stop writing business with them, they cost me $1500 in commissions with this crap.

Perhaps they weren't actually preferred prospects? Also, quoting standard is a conservative way to do things. Then you don't have to explain why they didn't get that superman rate you quoted. Instead it is a pleasant surprise when it comes in lower than quoted at preferred.

Can not speak for RNA term as I do not write them for several reasons.

When I first started in the business I was scared to death to make those rated/decline calls. I do a pretty good job of prequalifing all my business sometimes Labs or APS' just come back different than you understood things. While they are not common they are just part of it.

But rate ups happen. Preferred down to standard is easy. I recently had one I was hoping std -tblII come in at tblIIII. Got another that I quoted Prd that will be minimum table III. Placing these cases takes a combination of managing expectations, knowing the difference between their problem and your solution and the ability to offer options. The rated cases I have had brought in much more comp as most companies pay full commission through table IIII.

----------

Here is another thought.

Since RNA is so high anyway, requote them with a real term company. You may get preferred or the standard rate will equal.

If you ran some quotes with RNA, you might find out that they are not always high. I've seen many times when they are #1 or close to it.

Here is another thought.

Since RNA is so high anyway, requote them with a real term company. You may get preferred or the standard rate will equal.

Back