RR Retiree Medical = Medicare?

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Talked with a widower whose wife worked for the RR. He said he is covered by the railroad.

Best I can tell, it looks like the same as Medicare but administered by the RR Board, not SS. What threw me is he said he pays a small "copay" when he goes to the doc.

He is looking for Medigap. Any problems I should know about?

Talked with a widower whose wife worked for the RR. He said he is covered by the railroad.

Best I can tell, it looks like the same as Medicare but administered by the RR Board, not SS. What threw me is he said he pays a small "copay" when he goes to the doc.

He is looking for Medigap. Any problems I should know about?

Bump?...bump...bump...cows eat grass and chickens eat their own dookie

How are you improving his situation...?

Does he currently pay a premium for his coverage, and doesn't his current plan include Medco or some other form of Rx coverage...?

I'm not familiar with the current RR medical/retirement plan but my Father was retired from the RR and his plan was pretty strong and a stand alone Medigap wouldn't have been the right move for him. Of course that has been a few years ago and not really familiar with the current plan. I would liken this to a FEHB (Civil Service retiree) almost. They should be left where they are, IMO. So back to the orig question...

Just spoke to lady yesterday whose husband is a RR retiree and she had a Plan F through United paying almost $280 a month at age 66. No different than any other plan F, no subsidy from RR for premium or Medicare part B premium. Each time Ive encountered RR retiree spouses it has been the same scenario.... Retiree has great coverage very cheap cant be beat, but spouse is not afforded the same. It is that way with any public retiree (STRS, PERS etc.), they take care of retiree however the spouse is usually left with no so great . I guess they feel their commitment is to the actual employee not their dependant (spouse).

How are you improving his situation...?

Does he currently pay a premium for his coverage, and doesn't his current plan include Medco or some other form of Rx coverage...?

AFAIK all he has is Medicare.

Medicare for Railroad Workers and Their Families (Form RB-20)

Does not seem to be anything special. He says he does not have a supplement or Rx coverage. Everything not covered by RR/Medicare is OOP to him.

AFAIK all he has is Medicare.

Medicare for Railroad Workers and Their Families (Form RB-20)

Does not seem to be anything special. He says he does not have a supplement or Rx coverage. Everything not covered by RR/Medicare is OOP to him.

I say you better get him enrolled in a Plan ABCDFGN, XYZ today... Agreed, he doesn't have anything besides the equivilent to Orig Medicare via the RR Board.

The coverage does seem to have changed from 10 yrs ago, but what hasn't. Even my handsome face has withered, as I peer into the mirror. :err:

get him enrolled in a Plan ABCDFGN, XYZ today.

I have that plan available. It is pricey, but it does everything including cleaning the leaves from your gutter and taking the dog out for a walk.

I have that plan available. It is pricey, but it does everything including cleaning the leaves from your gutter and taking the dog out for a walk.

D@mn, I don't have that plan somarco... and I certainly need that one, especially the leaves from the gutter and taking the dog for a walk part... Send me that app for signature, please. :cool:

don't have that plan somarco

I normally don't deal with sub-agents but I will make an exception for you.

Street level commission of 6% work for you?

Back