Running Life Appointments

Alex928

Hi,

I'm a new agent (3 months) writing P&C with an independent agency. I don't focus on prospecting for life clients at all. However, I have sold a few life policies to family and friends through word of mouth. I really feel like I need help brushing up on my life appointments. When I've run these appointments in the past I basically just give them a basic rundown of what our independent agency can do for them, ask them what the purpose of the insurance is, fill out the questions and write the application up on the computer with them sitting in front of me, and then tell them what to expect when the insurance company comes out to collect height/weight and blood work etc. Luckily, all of the policies I've written so far have been to people I've known so I haven't lost any of them but I'm sure I would lose quite a few prospects if they weren't buying at least partly because they know me. I feel really scatterbrained when I'm running these appointments and not really confident. I'm sure some of this will be alleviated with more practice and experience but I'm looking for more immediate help. Does anybody have a template they use for running appointments, a list of questions they always ask prospective clients, or maybe a youtube video of a sample life appointmtent or something? (I've looked and haven't found much) Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

-Thanks
Alex

Hi,

I'm a new agent (3 months) writing P&C with an independent agency. I don't focus on prospecting for life clients at all. However, I have sold a few life policies to family and friends through word of mouth. I really feel like I need help brushing up on my life appointments. When I've run these appointments in the past I basically just give them a basic rundown of what our independent agency can do for them, ask them what the purpose of the insurance is, fill out the questions and write the application up on the computer with them sitting in front of me, and then tell them what to expect when the insurance company comes out to collect height/weight and blood work etc. Luckily, all of the policies I've written so far have been to people I've known so I haven't lost any of them but I'm sure I would lose quite a few prospects if they weren't buying at least partly because they know me. I feel really scatterbrained when I'm running these appointments and not really confident. I'm sure some of this will be alleviated with more practice and experience but I'm looking for more immediate help. Does anybody have a template they use for running appointments, a list of questions they always ask prospective clients, or maybe a youtube video of a sample life appointmtent or something? (I've looked and haven't found much) Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

-Thanks
Alex

I'm sure others will chime in as well but you should probably check into the ILIAA. Give them a call at 404-660-1020 and ask for Nick Perry.

DHK suggests Priority Approaches and Insurance Pro Shop. All 3 sites have some valuable training and systems, but IPS is a little more pricey.

Last edited:
Back