RX Help For Client On Healthcare Marketplace. Suggestions Appreciated...

I have a client on the the Healthcare Marketplace that takes Tradjenta, for her diabetes. For those that are unaware....this medication is insanely expensive, and her deductible is sky high. They won't begin to cover anything until her deductible is met.

I looked into it and Tradjenta has a supposed manufacturers discount card from the website. I got her set up with it, but she said they barely knocked anything off. I also looked into regular discount cards, like GoodRX, and NationalRx, but again, cost is basically right there with the retail cost.

I am kind of ignorant to how Canadian pharmacies work, but I believe they're perfectly legal, as long as someone has a valid RX. Is this correct? And if so, does anyone know of any reputable ones I could suggest? Thank you for any and all help!

My injectable for Type II were over 1500 per prescription. I have commercial insurance and the drug was not covered under the plan. My physician looked at the savings card my physician gave me and tried to run the prescription and the discount card did not work because I had insurance. he then put the script through as "no insurance" and I received my drugs for $25.00. There are ways to make discount cards work.

Back