Sad Lincoln Heritage/NAA Tale.

Nolby5

Expert
Another Ad Lincoln Heritage Tale

So I owe Lincoln Heritage about 800.00 but they don't bill me and when I call for the amount they say it is not a bill but a balance. They are turned off by my use of the word bill and correct the word to balance. I don't know what to think of that.

And the agent I came in under I owed $1,000.00 for leads. Most of those leads, if not all of them, were faxed to me against my better judgment and without my expressed permission. It was all a bit cloudy. And he may be reading this right now which is fine with me. Once I googled his name in Rockford and found a restraining order against him for telling customers he was with a bank and the bank found out. I trusted him but that's on me and with a graduate degree from a University you would think I would kinow better. Does the insurance biz also make money recruiting as does MLM?

He eventually said he would settle for 300.00 and now, a year or so later, he says not to worry that he paid the bill and I owe him nothing.

Like others the leads led me in and out of run down trailer courts and public housing and most didn't have a pot to piss in. One guy did have the pot to piss in and it was almost full and sat between me and his bed and the smell of that uncovored pot will always remind me of my sting with Jack Londen and Lincoln Heritage. I guess Jack lives in a gated community, sends his kids to the best schools, and sleeps well at night.

You can comment if you like but these kind of LH stories, except from the Insuranceman, are fairly common. Seems few believe in sowing and reaping or Karma and are laughing all the way to their bank. Before LH I drink the Kool Aid from the Dallas office of National Agents Alliance so I seem to be a big loser in the game of life. I allowed my insurance to lapse and maybe if I am such an incredibly stupid dork, maybe it's all for the best. (Before losing big money in the ins. biz I lsot 40 K in MLM). Ted Williams had a good point when he said that "nice guys finish last" but what type of a world are we leaving for the next generation but does anyone care?

Re: Another Ad Lincoln Heritage Tale

I'm contracted with LH, and I am strictly paid as earned as I'll be damned if I get stuck owing them a balance, or any company for that matter. It is, however, not the only FE company in which I am contracted. As far as the leads, they're mostly overpriced, trailer trash names. I bought 20 "tv leads" for 600 bucks, and that was the last time I purchased Lincoln leads. When I need leads, I only buy aged leads now, as I've mentioned in previous posts. I, too, have been burned time and again by leads companies, and I refuse to "finance" that overpriced garbage on a debit balance through my FE carrier. Nothing wrong with being contracted with LH, and I'll sell it if it fits the client's need. However, it is by no means my only FE carrier.

So I owe Lincoln Heritage about 800.00 but they don't bill me and when I call for the amount they say it is not a bill but a balance. They are turned off by my use of the word bill and correct the word to balance. I don't know what to think of that.

And the agent I came in under I owed $1,000.00 for leads. Most of those leads, if not all of them, were faxed to me against my better judgment and without my expressed permission. It was all a bit cloudy. And he may be reading this right now which is fine with me. Once I googled his name in Rockford and found a restraining order against him for telling customers he was with a bank and the bank found out. I trusted him but that's on me and with a graduate degree from a University you would think I would kinow better. Does the insurance biz also make money recruiting as does MLM?

He eventually said he would settle for 300.00 and now, a year or so later, he says not to worry that he paid the bill and I owe him nothing.

Like others the leads led me in and out of run down trailer courts and public housing and most didn't have a pot to piss in. One guy did have the pot to piss in and it was almost full and sat between me and his bed and the smell of that uncovored pot will always remind me of my sting with Jack Londen and Lincoln Heritage. I guess Jack lives in a gated community, sends his kids to the best schools, and sleeps well at night.

You can comment if you like but these kind of LH stories, except from the Insuranceman, are fairly common. Seems few believe in sowing and reaping or Karma and are laughing all the way to their bank. Before LH I drink the Kool Aid from the Dallas office of National Agents Alliance so I seem to be a big loser in the game of life. I allowed my insurance to lapse and maybe if I am such an incredibly stupid dork, maybe it's all for the best. (Before losing big money in the ins. biz I lsot 40 K in MLM). Ted Williams had a good point when he said that "nice guys finish last" but what type of a world are we leaving for the next generation but does anyone care?

Women insurance agents normally don't like trailer parks or public housing. Your normal in that sense.

that what they call, the school of hard knocks, pick yourself up. renew your license, give it another try. talk to either med sub,todd, mark, frank. they will put in back on track..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
i don't know him but,it seems jack londen is a stand up guy. he did forgive a 1000, balance.

Last edited:

You are only telling one side of the story.

LH has been very good for me.

Me too! But any FE Co. would be good to me simply because I produce.

You probably enjoy the same thing.

So I owe Lincoln Heritage about $800.00 but they don't bill me and when I call for the amount they say it is not a bill but a balance. They are turned off by my use of the word bill and correct the word to balance. I don't know what to think of that.

And at one time I owed $1,000.00 to the agents I came in under. Most of those leads, if not all of them, were faxed to me against my better judgment and without my expressed permission. It was all a bit cloudy. And he may be reading this right now which is fine with me. Once I googled his name in Illinois and found a restraining order against him for telling customers he was with a bank and the bank found out. I trusted him but that's on me, and not him, but with a graduate degree from a University you would think I would know better. I knew when I entered this biz I would be an honest minnow swimming with sharks so I tried my best to figure it all out so I would not end up deep in debt and depression but I failed miserably at doing it.

He eventually said he would settle for $300.00 and now, a year or so later, he says not to worry that he paid the bill and I owe him nothing. How many agents say goodbye to a grand or less so easily?

Like others on this forum, the leads led me in and out of run down trailer courts and public housing and most didn't have a pot to piss in. One guy did have the pot to piss in and it was almost full and sat between me and his bed and the smell of that uncovored pot will always remind me of my stint working for Jack Londen and Lincoln Heritage. I guess Jack lives in a gated community, sends his kids to the best schools, and sleeps well at night.

You can comment if you like but these kind of LH stories, except those from the Insuranceman, are fairly common. Seems few believe in sowing and reaping or karma and are laughing all the way to their bank. Before LH I drank the Kool Aid from the Dallas office of National Agents Alliance so I seem to be a big loser in the game of life. I allowed my insurance license to lapse and maybe if I am such an incredibly stupid dork, maybe it's all for the best. (Before losing big money in the ins. biz I lost 40 K in MLM). Ted Williams had a good point when he said that "nice guys finish last" but what type of a world are we leaving for the next generation and does anyone care?

There are some really good people and good companies in this business and there are also some jerks and crooks. It is easy to get sucked in by the song and dance when we are inexperienced and don't know what to look for or what questions to ask. It sounds like you may have gotten burned by being too trusting. However, learn from the experience, pick yourself up, and make the most of your life. It can still happen in insurance should you desire it.

Thanks for the replys.
Yes, way too trusting is the problem I will take to my grave. I just wanted this experience to be the one that turned the corner for me. I really enjoyed doing the business and worked it 8 am to 9 pm. Seems to me, from other posts, that many companies have a good second stream of income when they produce their own leads and this often is a big source of abuse. The corruption and greed in the financial services industry appears to be the the source of most of our countrys problems and it seems to be taking our country down. Maybe we've had such a good run that it was too much for the greed monsters to leave alone. Funny though, when we go down, we will all go down together.

Thanks for the replys.
Yes, way too trusting is the problem I will take to my grave. I just wanted this experience to be the one that turned the corner for me. I really enjoyed doing the business and worked it 8 am to 9 pm. Seems to me, from other posts, that many companies have a good second stream of income when they produce their own leads and this often is a big source of abuse. The corruption and greed in the financial services industry appears to be the the source of most of our countrys problems and it seems to be taking our country down. Maybe we've had such a good run that it was too much for the greed monsters to leave alone. Funny though, when we go down, we will all go down together.

Why would you take that ("way too trusting") to your grave? Do you think it's some sort of badge of honor or something? C'mon man! You live in the land of opportunity, Brotha!! If you like the insurance biz, learn from your experience and turn it around. I guarantee that MOST successful agents on this message board have gotten the shaft as bad as you if not WORSE. This is not meant to be mean, cruel, or disrespectful so please don't take it that way. But, the thing that I think is "the source of most of our country's problems" is a population that gives up too easily. "Oh well, it wasn't easy so I'm going to take my ball and go home". Americans have been fed a load of crap by the Statist crowd that they are nothing without help from the state. We are being taught that the American dream is dead now because of "greed" (read capitalism) and we might as well just give up. Meanwhile, the most successful people on this board (I know some personally) that lack MOST of the "polish" and "education" and "sophistication" that we are told it takes to be a success, always seem to be those "lucky" few that are the winners of life's lottery. Why do you think that is? THEY NEVER GAVE UP

The Truth- You, or ANYONE ELSE can be successful in life if you have a laser focus on your goals and dreams. You can find a group of honorable people to team up with to attack life and WIN. (you already know of two that DON'T WORK.....advantage, you)

The Lie- You, and EVERYONE ELSE are at the mercy of the "corporate fat cats" that make all the rules just to benefit themselves. I might as well just quit because the whole world is stacked up against me.

You HAVE TO believe one of these. You can choose to win or lose. You have to choose everyday.

Back