Safe!

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
Anyone even remotely worried about any type of GI or national health care?

Obama's plan was to require companies to provide coverage or be subject to a tax penalty. Another part of his plan was to require parents to cover their children or face a penalty. Lastly, we wanted the same plan Congress has to be open to everyone.

Well...chances of that happening in this economy? Zero.

Anyone even remotely worried about any type of GI or national health care?

Obama's plan was to require companies to provide coverage or be subject to a tax penalty. Another part of his plan was to require parents to cover their children or face a penalty. Lastly, we wanted the same plan Congress has to be open to everyone.

Well...chances of that happening in this economy? Zero.

Exactly, how do you expect to implement a plan like that with the economy as upside down as it is.

Exactly - can't raise corporate taxes - can't require that families spend an extra nickel - absolutely cannot implement any new program that will cost billions. Safe.

I feel the same - a lot of people hurting out there. Seems to be one of the only positives in this bad situation is that we have a safe career for a while longer.

Here is a video on free healthcare:

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as the gov't gets a few trillion spare dollars we can all have our free health care.

Remember, the government can print all the money they need, where do you think this bailout money is coming from. It's a stealth tax we will all eventually pay. Either way John, I believe you're right.

I feel the same - a lot of people hurting out there. Seems to be one of the only positives in this bad situation is that we have a safe career for a while longer.

I really don't think that the Congress and the new Admin are going to let the mere fact of poor economy and no money stand in the way of implementing NHC. Quite the opposite. Since things are in the state that they are, almost anything goes (short term). If they wait until the economy gets its legs and the impact of all the deficeit spending hits home they may have a tougher time implementing NHC.

I honestly believe that they will move on this early on in the BHO's first term, even the first year. At this stage, who is going to stop them...?

The temptation to hijack the health care dollars is just too great. Too much power at stake... and restraint hasn't been something Wash DC has seen in decades. I say they move quickly and decisively, not that I want to see this happen, but as recent as 30 days ago, BHO was speaking like it will be Job-1, even more so since the meltdown of 08.

Has there been anything handled so badly as the business of our gov't in overseeing banking and securities transactions...? What we need is for them to now oversee all of healthcare. :-> Unbelievable.

Back