Safe!

We end both wars (which we would eventually lose anyway,) end agricultural subsidies, cut the bloated defense budget by 40% (close European bases for a start) and cut out all pork spending... and we'll have plenty of money.

What would it cost, as in interim measure for a few years to simply offer Medicare to everyone who does not want employer-sponsored healthcare or who are denied for IFP? Do the math. The dollars are there.

Of course all the greedy agents and corrupt carrier CEOs in this country who would RATHER see people go without healthcare so that said agents and carriers can make high commissions or obscene salaries... will probably do all they can to prevent this from happening.

Fortunately most agents are conservative Republicans... and the body politic has had about all it wants from their "We don't care about anyone but ourselves" political philosophy.

Add to that the really wonderful reputation that healthcare carriers have among the voting public... and I see an excellent (but not slam-dunk) opportunity for people like me and some others here who have advocated that the system be totally overhauled... because WE care about PEOPLE and not about agents or carriers.

I can hear CPACINS and somarco and moonlight and Mr. Bill typing away right now about how pathetic I am, and that I'm a pinko commie who has no rights to my opinions either on or off this board. Whatever floats their boat! Try as they might, they can't silence me.

One difference between them and me (us?) is that since this election I will have friends in power who can make changes. Whom do they have? A handful of out-of-power legislators, a discredited political party (thank you Pres. Bush and Gov. Palin) and a bankrupt political philosophy that appeals to rural white Southerners and no one else.

All the crap that you guys are posting now... was all said back in the 60s when Medicare was being debated (I was in high school and remember it well since my dad was in the insurance business (life, pensions).) Back then the AMA was in bed with the Blues and mounted a furious campaign against the concept that elderly people on a fixed income should be able to see a doctor. They lost. The rest is history.

The past is prologue. Most of you young guys don't and won't believe it... but it's true. Wait and see. And for those who ONLY sell health coverage, might I politely suggest that you learn more about LI, DI, and LTC... assuming you want to stay in this industry. If not... that's fine with me too. :yes:

We end both wars (which we would eventually lose anyway,)

Spoken like a true American Liberal... Proud to say that Amerca lost... Of course it is because we haven't at crucial times that you and others are able to state it as you see fit, regardless of how flawed that might be.

We end both wars (which we would eventually lose anyway,) end agricultural subsidies, cut the bloated defense budget by 40% (close European bases for a start) and cut out all pork spending... and we'll have plenty of money.
And then we stop the war on drugs, war on poverty and all the other wars that will never work. Since less than 33% of the govt. income is from personal income tax, with the lowered spending, we can get rid of that too.

Sell govt. land that is currently being leased and destroyed by companies (nobody takes care of stuff they don't own), sell useless govt. buildings and use the proceeds to buy annuities for people on social security. Now we don't have social security taxes.

I guess the bottom line is that we need to cut the federal government to fit inside the constitution before the country implodes.

Oh yeah, get the govt. out of health insurance.

Rick

Well, the government doesn't print money, the federal reserve does, and while they are government appointed, they are a privately owned entity.

So while they can print money, it will add to the debt which is now 1.2 trillion. (said like the lotto guy)

Check out the article entitled Just as Obama begins, huge deficit could hamper plans

Just as Obama begins, huge deficit could hamper plans - Yahoo! News

:nah:

Well, the government doesn't print money, the federal reserve does, and while they are government appointed, they are a privately owned entity.

So while they can print money, it will add to the debt which is now 1.2 trillion. (said like the lotto guy)

Check out the article entitled Just as Obama begins, huge deficit could hamper plans

Just as Obama begins, huge deficit could hamper plans - Yahoo! News

:nah:

There is Deficit and National Debt... many are confused between the two. Deficit is the annual shortfall, Debt is the total of all Deficits combined.

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The Outstanding National Debt as of Jan 8, 2009 was:[/FONT]

$ 10,644,000,000,000.00 (10.6 trilln)

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The estimated population of the United States is 305,422,601[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]so each citizen's share of this debt is $34,850.03. The National Debt has continued to increase an average of[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]$3.50 billion per day since September 28, 2007![/FONT]

And to the 10.6 Trn, we are going to add another 1.2 Trn in Deficit... Of course gov't estimates are always low, so the deficit may be higher than 1.2 Trn.

Back