sales geinie

Feb 17, 2008

1. drbsells

drbsells New Member

I sale health insurance for a company and was thinking about going indy. I saw this ad on tv saying they will give you 100 free leads. So,
    Has anyone ever used sales genie? What were the results?

Thanks

drbsells, Feb 17, 2008
  2. Krono

Krono Super Genius

They use the term 'lead' very loosely on their commercials.

It is simply a database of names and contact information, maybe a little credit history and info on what their likes are.

Krono, Feb 17, 2008
  3. fostever

fostever Guru

It's no sales genie in a bottle that's for sure. Free leads are either scrubbed names from a data base or an introductory offer to hook you into a contract. The word "FREE" should always be a red flag in anything. There is always a price on everything. This is not always a bad thing as long as you are rewarded for your hard work.

fostever, Feb 17, 2008
  4. TXINSURANCE

TXINSURANCE Guru

I believe all they are doing is reselling compiled public information.

5. GP32765

GP32765 Super Genius

Yes, I tried them a very long time ago. If you constitute a (name) as a lead then yes they are leads. Just very very cold leads. I consider a lead as someone who has an interest. A warm lead is someone who says yes I would like to see quotes. And a hot lead as someone that we call back a second time to confirm they want to see quotes by a manager on staff.
    Gary P

GP32765, Feb 18, 2008
  6. krooney

krooney New Member

I used sales genie a while back when I was compiling a list of dentists to mail postcards too, for my transcription business. It was great for that, but for health insurance leads, absolutely not. I sell health insurance, and their definition of "leads" is completely differnt from the definition that we are looking for. So, no, don't waste your money.

krooney, Feb 18, 2008