Sales Genie & Mailing Lists

thespur1

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm thinking of signing up for sales genie
I spoke with one of their reps on the phone and they said they have a great recent homeowners database
I plan on using for my mailing lists
I know i can probalbly get a list of counties online but most are a hassle to find and have missing info on them.
So i rather no waste time. (time= money)
It would cost 250 a month or 2k for the whole year.

Please let me know your experiences and thoughts

THANKS IN ADVANCE

I don't know how much experience you have with direct mailing campaigns but here's what I would suggest.

Calculate you monthly budget and plan your mailings around that. Count on sending out mailers for at least 3 months to see some response. Anything less than 3 months is a waiste of time & money.

You are better off targeting the same people repeatedly than to send mailers to a larger group just once. Also, make sure that your mailers include a call to action (i.e. visit my website, call me, etc.). And, if posible, include pricing scenarios.

You can expect about a 1-2% response rate, maybe higher towards the later months in your campaing as your audience becomes more familiar with you. I hope this was helpful.

Your local library has a free version of Sales Genie called Reference USA. If you have a library card you can even access it from the web. I would try that first and see if it meets your needs. No reason to spend $1000 if you don't have to.

Its alot of money for a list unless you are targeting age groups or income levels. Don't count on their information to be accurate either.

For $250 a month, you can get the most updated homeowner list. That's what Mtg Protection agents use. Try First American Core Logic in Santa Ana, CA.

www.facorelogic.com

Their list of new mortgages (refi and new homeowners) is 7-10 days after recorded in the county assessors office. You can get phone numbers for people who are NOT on the DNC list (usually 10% of records).

Your local library has a free version of Sales Genie called Reference USA. If you have a library card you can even access it from the web. I would try that first and see if it meets your needs. No reason to spend $1000 if you don't have to.

How do you do it from the web if you have a library card?

For $250 a month, you can get the most updated homeowner list. That's what Mtg Protection agents use. Try First American Core Logic in Santa Ana, CA.

www.facorelogic.com

Their list of new mortgages (refi and new homeowners) is 7-10 days after recorded in the county assessors office. You can get phone numbers for people who are NOT on the DNC list (usually 10% of records).

I suppose in certain areas they (First American) could potentially have data that fresh in their database but in my analysis their counts were WAY off. I had one county in the state that had more actual records than they said were in the entire state. After an hour on the phone getting their song and dance followed up by a hillarious "wow this isn't working out so good" as their sales rep wanted to crawl under his desk during the desktop share of the database.

As far as mailing to SalesGenie data for new homeowners you had better have an awesome marketing piece or you're going to be very disappointed. By the time your mailer gets there they will have received about a dozen offers for life insurance.

The only place to get fresh new homeowner data is at the courthouse.

I used sales genie when I was targeting small businesses for group health coverage. I was giving their list to a telemarketing company and I was getting about 4-6 group health appointments per week this way.

It ain't great, but I didn't know what else to do when I got started in the small business group health thing.

Back