Sales Training

Over many years of experience, I've found that if the boss is not willing to contribute anything, you'll get almost no enrollment from the the employees.

He has some concern for the welfare of the employees - but isn't willing to spend any money to prove it.

Except that a fair amount of AFLAC is sold in this country. The employer needs to be supportive of it being offered but they don't make any contribution to it, usually anyway.

Winter

I agree that major medical should be the priority. But don't you think that with the rising cost of major medical, supplemental products will play a larger role?

Considering CI plans have never been a big seller, any movement at all would be an "all time high".

I have friends in the WSM area and they have noted a drop off in new enrollment and renewal premiums. They attribute it to the economy.

Most work in school systems and they will be doing their fall enrollment starting in a few weeks and extending on through October. It will be interesting to see if the numbers have continued to drop, stabilized, or, as you seem to think, have ticked back up.

I know for a fact Colonial sales are up close to 3% this year. But....I'm not certain if that is across the board or just a couple of products. I'm going to look into that more. My understanding is Colonial actually experiences sales increases in times of a faltering economy, as people become very concerned about protecting what little assets they have. And we all know health is truly our biggest asset.

Guess a lot depends on the time frame.

With gas at $4 a gallon, which has only been for a few months, and the related impact on food + the mortgage meltdown, I don't know that any carrier is bragging about sales right now.

Most of the enrollments coincide with open enrollment. WSM is mostly seasonal with a heavy time from August to November and then picks up again in March but at a slower pace. Enrollers (good ones at least) can make decent money for a 5 month work "year", but that is only true if folks are buying.

Look at sales figures for the last 6 months of 2008, which will be reported first quarter of next year and we will see what happens.

Good points. How much do those enrollers earn? I know a guy who went to Greece with Colonial for being a top enroller.

Back