SalesGenie - a word of caution

I just spoke with a SalesGenie rep today and here's the scoop.

* New accounts cost $150 p/month with a 1 year lock-in + a $300 application fee.

*One account permits a bulk download of 1000 leads per month 12 months (sent in excel format from what I was told) at the monthly rate. If you buy the full year up front the app fee is waived and you can get all 12000 leads in whatever format you want.

I'm going to look into this again because you can't beat the price.

I'm curious what the difference is between a Sales Genie list, and Goleads. Is Sales Genie that much better of a list that it's worth paying $140 more per month for? I've had a lot of success with Goleads, but am always curious what else is out there. Have you used Goleads before, J.R.? What is included in a list from Sales Genie?

I'm curious what the difference is between a Sales Genie list, and Goleads. Is Sales Genie that much better of a list that it's worth paying $140 more per month for? I've had a lot of success with Goleads, but am always curious what else is out there. Have you used Goleads before, J.R.? What is included in a list from Sales Genie?

I have used GoLeads before and have a few accounts with them for the business. I like the program and LOVE the cost. What I don't like is the PITA it is to track and manage everything because you can't really do that efficiently with/out being able to export and import data. Last time I checked Goleads had about 150,000 small business owners listed in MD w/ employees sizes of 1-9 w/ minimal filters. The word is 30% are junk, although I think the stats are much higher. Here are the recent stats from InfoUSA that "allegedly" updates their data once a month.

MD
No filters 1-4 = 60,597 leads
No filters 5-9 = 34,723

TOTAL = 95,320 leads

W/Filters (State, employee size, ONE key contact per business, phone number)
Filters 1-4 = 34,832
Filters 5-9 = 23,141

TOTAL = 57,973

W/ Filters (State, employee size, ALL key contacts per business, phone number)
Filters 1-4 = 43,584
Filters 5-9 = 24,095

TOTAL = 67,679

If you have used GoLeads for any length of time you've probably surmised that quite a few records don't have the name of the owner and/or the number is disconnected or inaccurate. You get what you pay for! I don't like to call a business w/out knowing who owns the business. To each their own.

I want data that I can track, import and modify to my business goals...I cannot make an accurate decision using Goleads per my requirements, which is why I'm looking into either buying a list myself or the SalesGenie subscription.

The filters paint the picture....It will take me about a year to blow through a list of 67,000 names calling 4-5 hours a day 6 days a week. Divide that by 4 marketers and you're calling the same businesses every 3 months. Now were getting somewhere!!!!!!

There are a host of ways to look at things. I tend to recommend using a decision tree.

Nate124, I liked the dog much better! Who is that guy anyway?

Hahaha! How can you NOT love my dog, right? Unless you are Michael Vick, I guess :mad:

Sorry to expose you to that picture of me :D The only good picture I took on my wedding day was me smiling and holding that beer. Mmmmmm beeeeeer!

I just spoke with a SalesGenie rep today and here's the scoop.

* New accounts cost $150 p/month with a 1 year lock-in + a $300 application fee.

*One account permits a bulk download of 1000 leads per month 12 months (sent in excel format from what I was told) at the monthly rate. If you buy the full year up front the app fee is waived and you can get all 12000 leads in whatever format you want.

I'm going to look into this again because you can't beat the price.

They must not want any new business because that is a rip off. $150 per month with a 1000 name limit per month?? Go buy 1000 names for half that. $300 to sign up?

I have sales genie and I pay $150 per month for unlimited access and I did not pay $300 sign up fee.

They must not want any new business because that is a rip off. $150 per month with a 1000 name limit per month?? Go buy 1000 names for half that. $300 to sign up?

I have sales genie and I pay $150 per month for unlimited access and I did not pay $300 sign up fee.

I should have been clearer. Sales Genie allows you a one time bulk download of 1000 leads a month. However, you're more than free to click on each lead and download in sets of 1000 at your discretion. I talked with the rep about download speeds, number of leads downloaded, etc. and he tried to reassure me that isn't a problem. I asked him to send me a copy of the contract in the e-mail so I could look over it prior to joining. I have yet to get the e-mail.

Do not ever let someone ON COMMISSION try to supersede what's in writing. If they're telling you "downloading X amount is not an issue" then I want it in writing. This is what's already in writing:

This Website is intended for the sole purpose of locating individual sales leads. It is not intended for mass downloads. A reasonable amount of selected records may be downloaded as quickly as reasonably possible. Subsequent records may download at a considerably lower rate."

I think if you just want to make calls yourself SalesGenie light for $75 could be the way to go. It's 1-4 employee size instead of 1-9 and you can choose records that only have contact info. It's true that a small percentage of Goleads don't list the owner. I skip those leads since it doesn't matter - just click to the next record. I've found it's a waste of time to call and ask "Is the owner in?"

Back