Same Day Scope of Appointment

Dmr023

I know that CMS dictates that an SOA should be collected 48 hours in advance when feasible, however some companies require a documented explanation for the same day SOA.

Acceptable explanations for same day SOA: Walk-in, Appointment resulting in a same day SoA to a spouse OR guest, Appointment scheduled for next day or same day

Are there other examples of acceptable same day SOA that you can think of, or have used?

From your experience, which carriers are the strictest with this requirement?

Last edited:
After Southeast Community Care was bought by Humana, Humana wouldn't accept an app without a scope. This after Southeast was in the penalty box for a year for some compliance issues. Other than that, I have never been asked to produce a SOA after the fact. CMS may just be a scary Halloween legend.:1confused::no::swoon:

I know that CMS dictates that an SOA should be collected 48 hours in advance when feasible, however some companies require a documented explanation for the same day SOA.

Acceptable explanations for same day SOA: Walk-in, Appointment resulting in a same day SoA to a spouse OR guest, Appointed scheduled for next day or same day

Are there other examples of acceptable same day SOA that you can think of, or have used?

From your experience, which carriers are the strictest with this requirement?

Don't overthink this. "Next day appointment" is perfectly acceptable.

Rick

Back