Samples of Cold Call Tele Scripts

Alsky

Guru
100+ Post Club
Can anyone share your productive scripts for telephone Cold Calling for lead generation? Areas of interest are Life, Health, DI and Annuity, Thanks.

Al

Years ago, a guy in my office would say... "Hi. This is Chad Harbine from XXX Insurance Company. Would you like to buy some life insurance?"

Obviously, a lot of "no" answers, but he did fairly well.

I don't necessarily recommend that method though.

Check this out http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=19209#post19209

and read everything that Sti, John P. and Somarco use. K-Dub and Newmindfashion also have some nice approaches.

I used to feel that you have to work hard to generate interest when cold-calling or doing B2B. Now I think that is a waste of time and believe that you need to speak to as many people as possible and simply get a yes or no and then call back and qualify the hell out of them and learn how to dump and who to dump.

Act "as if" you have 30-50 people to get to back to a day when you are doing your telemarketing and setting up appts. to get you mindset going and energy pumping. Coffee or energy drinks help. I prefer Diet Rock-Star or their fruit version. Drink one of those bad boys in the morning and you can run a marathon. Hope it helps.

Hi. This is Chad Harbine from XXX Insurance Company. Would you like to buy some life insurance?"

I heard a similar story about someone who did likewise in NYC. Can't recall his name, but allegedly he would start his day by taking the elevator to the top of a building, then go door to door walking in asking if anyone wanted to buy life insurance.

By the end of the day (so the story goes) he had walked down every floor and had several apps in his briefcase.

Legend or real the fact remains a dog with a note in his mouth can sell insurance.

If you ask enough people someone will say yes.

When I was captive with Woodmen, our state manager told a story that's very similar to what Chumps just mentioned. The story goes something like this.

A regional manager was called in to help a particular region get their production up. He called everybody in and he told them this:

Today we're gonna go out and cold call/canvass the area. I expect you to knock on at least 50 doors and ask this question....

"You don't want to buy any health insurance...do you?"

A lot of the agents laughed but the manager said do not alter that approach AT ALL!

At the end of the day several agents came back with completed apps. The message is that if you don't ask for the business, you're probably not gonna close many cases.

As unconvential as the question was it was basically a numbers game. If you ask enough people...someone will say....."you know..actually I am looking for some life insurance. Come in!"

I think what all the above points out is that there really is no one way to sell anything and be successful. Also, the definition of successful is as different with everyone as is the approach to get there.

From what Salpro just said, he and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum. That would never work for me. I take a much more laid-back approach.

If I tried to prospect that way the person would hear it in my voice and I believe would not be receptive to having a conversation with me, rather, I think they would hang up. I start trying to make a sale from the moment they pick up the phone, not just simply trying to get an appointment.

I think you have to "sell" the appointment also.

As I said before, there really is no such thing as "the best" way to do it. Just do what feels good to you. I also believe that the quickest road to failure is to try to adapt yourself to what someone else is doing.

Develop your own approach, one that is unique to you. That will allow you to always be you. You have to like you before others will like you.

I think what all the above points out is that there really is no one way to sell anything and be successful. Also, the definition of successful is as different with everyone as is the approach to get there.

From what Salpro just said, he and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum. That would never work for me. I take a much more laid-back approach.

Judging from our past conversations on the phone, I gather we are very much like alike in some aspects. I believe you mentioned YIO software about 15 times in our last conversation and I greatly enjoyed talking with you. I do prefer a laid-back approach versus being too aggressive, which is why I like the yes or no response initially. I save the chit-chat for the second call unless I pick up on something.

Back