Samples of Cold Call Tele Scripts

This has been working pretty well for me so far.. I've been tweaking it here and there but I think it works pretty well....(Just to note, they may or may not have received a phone call from our company (most likely not)... that's just a way for me to not get yelled at right off the bat :D)

_____This is Nathan from American Insurance. A short while ago you received a phone call from our home office regarding our low cost health plans designed specifically for the self employed. Do you recall that conversation?

Regardless what they say... either yes or no I say the following:

That's actually exactly why I was calling! All I need is about 30 seconds of your time to see if I can even help you. If I can, we will set up a time to sit down together in person and get you some more information. If I can't, I'll take your name off our list so you won't ever be bothered again. Fair enough?

Normally, they say "yeah, ok fine"... and I think that's mostly because I throw in the part about removing their name from the list. They really have nothing to lose at that point.

If I get brushed off at the beginning, I will always ask for a better time to call, and let them know I don't need a lot of time.

Hope this helps.

_____This is Nathan from American Insurance. A short while ago you received a phone call from our home office regarding our low cost health plans designed specifically for the self employed. Do you recall that conversation?

Are you selling NASE/Mega plans? If not what plans do you sell that are designed specifically for the self employed?

Are you selling NASE/Mega plans? If not what plans do you sell that are designed specifically for the self employed?

No I'm not selling either, and would not consider selling either of those. It's only a line to get me in the door. In my opinion, any individual insurance plan is a plan that is designed for a small business owner. Are some better than others? Obviously yes... but when telemarketing, if I can get them talking to me, I'm one step in the right direction.

No I'm not selling either, and would not consider selling either of those. It's only a line to get me in the door. In my opinion, any individual insurance plan is a plan that is designed for a small business owner. Are some better than others? Obviously yes... but when telemarketing, if I can get them talking to me, I'm one step in the right direction.

Ahh, you where scaring me for a minute. I was starting to think you where hustling the Mega scam or some thing! LOL

haha no way.... I've learned enough from this board (and the internet in general) to know how bad those plans are! :)

In my opinion, any individual insurance plan is a plan that is designed for a small business owner. Are some better than others?

You do have to be a little bit careful on this. The language in a lot of plans excludes work related injuries (i.e., should be covered by workmans comp, whether or not you have workers comp). A lot of small business owners don't have workers comp, so if they get hurt on the job, they may be fighting the insurance company for coverage.

Now, I've never had this situation come up, so I don't know what the eventual outcome would be. I'm guessing if you push, you might get the claim paid, but probably not without a fight.

I know in California, BlueCross offers plans that remove the 'work related' exclusion.

Keep in mind, I'm a P&C guy, a health person can elaborate more......

Dan

Back